General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Attendees worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. Anyone may attend; congregations must certify annually to send voting delegates.
General Assembly 2019
June 19-23, Spokane, WA
The Power of We
In a time of great challenge and heartbreak in our world, what does our faith demand from us? At this year’s General Assembly we will explore the power, possibility, purpose, struggle and joy of finding the path forward together as Unitarian Universalists. Attendees will leave inspired, with the tools needed to carry on the work into their own congregations and communities. Join us as we work for collective liberation inside and outside our faith.
- Watch GA Events live-streamed (all times local, PDT) or as on-demand video
- GA Program Book
- GA App
- GA Final Agenda
- Revised Order of Business (PDF Document)
- UUA Board of Trustees' webinar about What to Expect at General Assembly 2019
- 2019 Role-Based Track Programming being offered at GA
- GA Schedule
- Travel and Housing
General Assembly 2019 will take place at the Spokane Convention Center, 334 W Spokane Falls Blvd, Spokane, WA 99201. Google map. The Spokane Convention Center is an attractive, LEED certified facility located in downtown Spokane, featuring accessible parking, automatic entrance doors, and wheelchair accessible elevators. There is natural light from floor-to-ceiling windows, which look out over the Spokane River. Two of the three General Assembly hotels are connected to the convention center, with rates ranging from $123 to $149 per night.
The Spokane region is the gateway for adventure and exploration in the Intermountain Northwest. Located driving distance from Glacier National Park and Yellowstone, Spokane is nestled in natural beauty.
Spokane International Airport (GEG) is serviced by Alaska, American, Delta, Frontier, Southwest, and United Airlines. Nonstop service is offered to 17 destinations, including Minneapolis, Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, and LAX.
More about traveling to Spokane.
Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) General Assembly & Conference Services professional staff coordinate logistics such as registration, housing, the exhibit hall, services to our attendees prior to General Assembly, and the GA Program. Contact General Assembly & Conference Services Office Staff.
The General Assembly Planning Committee selects the site for each General Assembly, sets the daily schedule, and determines which organizations affiliated with the UUA may present program material. In addition, the committee oversees the annual Ware Lecture, Opening Events, music, ambiance, and evening activities. The UUA Board, based on recommendations by the Planning Committee, selects GA sites four to five years in advance. Site selection criteria.
Future General Assemblies
- June 19 – 23, 2019: Spokane, WA
- June 24 – 28, 2020: Providence, RI
- June 23 – 27, 2021: Milwaukee, WI
June 22 – 26, 2022: TBD
June 21 – 25, 2023: Pittsburgh, PA
Accessibility and Inclusivity at General Assembly
The General Assembly Planning Committee is committed to addressing the inclusion of all people, whatever their abilities might be, in all GA activities.
- Accessibility Services—Even if you are someone who doesn't usually use assistive equipment, you might really be helped by the available services, from mobility and hearing equipment to advice and orientation services.
- Commitment to Inclusion—Beyond the physical accessibility of the facilities we use—ramps, captioning, seating cut-outs, etc.—we endeavor to take the next step: to truly welcome people with disabilities into every facet of GA.
- Anti-Racism, Anti-Oppression, Multiculturalism—The UUA affirms its commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Economic Accessibility—The GA Planning committee is focused on creating opportunities to participate, including financial aid and subsidized child care.
- Logos and Other Downloadable Resources for Promoting GA in Your Congregations.