International Unitarian Universalism
Unitarians, Universalists, and Unitarian Universalists (U/U) around the world are connected through a story of bold, compassionate faith that we’ve been creating together for centuries.
The International Office of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) includes three collaborative programs:
The International Resources Office—provides resources and guidance to assist congregations in reaching out beyond church walls and across borders, connecting with the work of U/U individuals and organizations worldwide, while maintaining and developing linkages with historical and new U/U communities around the world.
The UU Office at the United Nations—engages in international advocacy work at the UN based on UU values and partners with congregations to engage UUs in action as global citizens and justice activists.
The UU Holdeen India Program—translates UU values into bold action through partnerships with organizations that advance justice and equity in India.
Explore and Engage with the Global U/U Story
Unitarian Universalist theologies worldwide are diverse and evolving - on our website, there are opportunities to find Unitarian Universalists abroad, learn more about our global faith, and explore the resources for international engagement that we have compiled for Unitarian Universalists and for congregations to more fully engage with our world community in spiritual and justice-seeking ways.
See a map of the congregations that are internationally engaged and consider how your congregation might be involved too.
Learn more about the International Justice work of Unitarian Universalism.
The International Joint Working Group
The UU International Joint Working Group (JWG) consists of the senior staff of the International Council of Unitarians and Universalists (ICUU), the International Office of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA), and the Unitarian Universalist Partner Church Council (UUPCC).
The JWG is committed to:
- Establishing and supporting faith-based relationships of U/Us around the world.
- Growing the free, liberal faith of Unitarian/Universalism globally.
And, the JWG has the following overarching goals:
- To speak with a consistent and clear point of view on issues, projects, and programs that overlap the ICUU, UUA, and the UUPCC
- To serve as representatives of our respective organizations in order to collaborate on programs and events related to the international U/U global community
- To bring collective reflection to U/U international work and efforts.
General Assembly Attendance Assistance
If you live outside the U.S./Canada and hope to attend the Unitarian Universalist General Assembly, you may be able to receive financial assistance from the UUA's International Office.
Due to our office's limited funds, we ask that you please complete the following form to help us assess your request: GA Intl. Attendee Assistance Request form.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have a strong connection Unitarianism / Universalism
- have financial hardship
- are leaders in their congregations / communities
- represent congregations / communities that have not previously or recently been represented at General Assembly
Applications must be submitted no later than February 28, 2020. Notifications will be sent by March 6, 2020.