Important information about Insurance Plans billing for those working offsite. If you cannot access your mail please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of your monthly invoice. Our bank lockbox can only accept checks. It is permissible to use a bank bill payment service to issue the check. Please make sure your account number is on the check. The remittance slip from your invoice is not required.
EyeMed Eyewear Benefit
Our eyewear benefit was changed on January 1 – Please read this message if you are in EITHER the UUA Health Plan or the Guardian Dental Plan.
If you are enrolled in Guardian Dental:
Beginning January 1, 2020, EyeMed eyewear coverage will be provided at no extra charge to everyone enrolled in the Guardian Dental Plan. We are offering Dental and Eyewear as a package, as most large employers do, but keep in mind that the companies are separate --Guardian does Dental; EyeMed does eyewear
You will receive an EyeMed ID card in the mail directly from EyeMed if you are enrolled in the Guardian Dental Plan.
Please read this EyeMed Benefits Summary for details of the coverage provided. Coverage is for lenses, frames, and contact lenses only. EyeMed does not cover eye exams.
Please see the EyeMed COVID-19 Update FAQ for more details.
If you are enrolled in the UUA Health Plan:
The UUA Health Plan covers comprehensive routine annual eye exams completed by an in-network provider, without a deductible on all plans. This benefit has always been part of the Standard PPO plan. Beginning 1/1/2020, eye exam coverage has been extended to the High Deductible and Bronze plans, with no deductible or co-payment.
All coverage under Davis Vision ends on 12/31/2019. It would be a good idea to let your eye doctor’s office know, so they can change your record and bill Highmark for your eye exam.
Life, Long Term Disability, Dental Highlights for 2020
- Life and AD&D benefits will remain the same. Rates will increase by a penny per $1000 of coverage.
- LTD coverage will remain the same. The rate will increase from 1.2% of salary (S+H for clergy) to 1.3%
- Dental benefits will remain the same. The rates will increase a small amount to cover inflation and the experience of our group. Vision will be included.
- The insured benefits will remain with Guardian.
We offer high-quality insurance plans that express our Unitarian Universalist values.
The Dental premium will increase on 1/1/2020.
- Individual coverage: $60.00,
- Two Person Coverage: $120.00
- Family of three or more: $148.00.
A Vision Plan will be automatically included with all Dental coverage beginning in early 2020. Details and an ID card will be mailed to each covered employee.
Dental Open Enrollment is held each year in November. Employees can enroll for the first time or add dependents to existing coverage. Coverage is effective on 1/1 of the following year.
Dental enrollment forms can be faxed, scanned and emailed or mailed. Texas residents please use Texas Residents Only form (PDF). Please email email@example.com to request a secure email link before emailing forms.
Life Insurance And Long Term Disability Insurance
Life Insurance and Long Term Disability (“LTD”) Insurance will remain with Guardian for 2020. Guardian’s service has been excellent, and their rates remain competitive. There is no Open Enrollment Period for either Life or LTD.
Long Term Disability: The annual cost is 1.3% of annual salary (salary+housing for clergy).
Life and AD&D: The monthly cost is $0.35 per $1,000 of insurance. The benefit remains 2 X annual salary (salary+housing for clergy). .
Important Plan Administration Reminders
- Be sure to report all employee changes affecting insurance—including terminations, income, addresses, and qualifying life events.
- Please keep this billing information handy.
- See our Insurance Plans and Taxes page in LeaderLab to learn about the tax-related implications of insurance plans.