UUA Insurance Plans: Health, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability
Life, Long Term Disability, Dental Highlights for 2020
- Life and AD&D benefits will remain the same. Rates will increase by a penny per $1000 of coverage.
- LTD coverage will remain the same. The rate will increase from 1.2% of salary (S+H for clergy) to 1.3%
- Dental benefits will remain the same. The rates will increase a small amount to cover inflation and the experience of our group. Vision will be included.
- The insured benefits will remain with Guardian.
We offer high-quality insurance plans that express our Unitarian Universalist values.
The Dental premium will increase on 1/1/2020.
- Individual coverage: $60.00,
- Two Person Coverage: $120.00
- Family of three or more: $148.00.
A Vision Plan will be automatically included with all Dental coverage beginning in early 2020. Details and an ID card will be mailed to each covered employee.
Dental Open Enrollment is held each year in November. Employees can enroll for the first time or add dependents to existing coverage. Coverage is effective on 1/1 of the following year.
Dental enrollment forms can be faxed, scanned and emailed or mailed. Texas residents please use Texas Residents Only form (PDF). Please email InsurancePlans [at] uua [dot] org to request a secure email link before emailing forms.
LIFE INSURANCE AND LONG TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
Life Insurance and Long Term Disability (“LTD”) Insurance will remain with Guardian for 2020. Guardian’s service has been excellent, and their rates remain competitive. There is no Open Enrollment Period for either Life or LTD.
Long Term Disability: The annual cost is 1.3% of annual salary (salary+housing for clergy).
Life and AD&D: The monthly cost is $0.35 per $1,000 of insurance. The benefit remains 2 X annual salary (salary+housing for clergy). .
Important Plan Administration Reminders
- Be sure to report all employee changes affecting insurance—including terminations, income, addresses, and qualifying life events.
- Please keep this billing information handy.
Our Insurance Plans
UUA Health Plan: Families of all shapes and sizes are equal under our health plan. Contact Jim Sargent, UUA Insurance Plans Director (hp_director [at] uua [dot] org), for more information.
Group Insurance Plans: Contact Patti Angelina, Insurance Plans Manager (insurance_plans [at] uua [dot] org) for more information.