We are pleased to offer dental insurance through Guardian.
- Individual: $60 per month
- Two-Person: $120 per month
- Family: $148 per month
- Dental PPO Plan Summary (PDF) (not available in Texas)
- Dental Network Access Plan Summary (PDF) (available in Texas only)
- Texas law prohibits Dental PPO plans. Texas residents will be enrolled in the Guardian Network Access Dental Plan (PDF). The premiums and most benefits are the same. There is no additional incentive paid for choosing an in-network dentist in the payment schedule (PDF) or for the Annual Maximum Rollover (PDF).
You have 60 days from your date of hire to enroll in Dental insurance. Please see our page about qualifying events for enrolling outside that time period. You may also enroll during open enrollment, held each year in November, with coverage effective on January 1 of the following year.
- Please complete the PDF enrollment form:
- Submit this form via our Online enrollment form.
- Newly retiring and wish to continue dental enrollment?
- Do you need to add a dependent to your dental coverage outside the bounds of an Open Enrollment opportunity?
- COBRA Information (PDF) for coverage continuation after termination
For answers to the most frequently asked questions, read our Guide to Benefits (PDF). There have been no changes in benefits since the Guide was published in late 2019.
Other Benefits Offered along with Dental Insurance
Employee Assistance Plan
Guardian also provides an Employee Assistance Plan (PDF) to all members enrolled in the life, LTD and/or dental plans. Help with Health, Family, Legal and Financial issues is available online at IBH WorkLifeMatters and by phone at 1-800-386-7055. The website contains an abundance of helpful information including articles, videos, classes and more. Help is also available by phone and by referral to legal, counseling and other providers.
If you enroll in Guardian Dental, vision benefits are covered through EyeMed at no extra charge. Keep in mind that the companies are separate—Guardian does Dental; EyeMed does eyewear.
You will receive an EyeMed ID card in the mail directly from EyeMed.
Please read this EyeMed Benefits Summary (PDF) for details of the coverage provided. Coverage is for lenses, frames, and contact lenses only.
EyeMed does not cover eye exams. (Routine eye exams are covered under the UUA Health Plan.)