Virtual visits: The UUA Health Plan had temporarily stopped collecting co-payments for virtual behavioral/mental health office visits as part of COVID-19 pandemic relief. Once this provision expired on 9/30/2021, Highmark began processing claims for these visits incorrectly, and as a result, many people have been receiving unexpected charges from their providers for visits that should be covered by a co-payment.
The UUA Health Plan Office has been working with a team at Highmark to correct the issue and to reprocess the claims automatically. If you are experiencing this issue, you do not have to take any action at this time to have any applicable claims paid correctly. We will share any updates as they become available.
What We Offer
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance (and Vision Insurance)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan (PDF) (available to employees and family members enrolled in Guardian Life, LTD and/or Dental plans.
Important Plan Administration Reminders
- Be sure to report all employee changes affecting insurance—including terminations, income, addresses, and qualifying life events.
- Please keep this billing information handy.
- See our Insurance Plans and Taxes page in LeaderLab to learn about the tax-related implications of insurance plans.
For Congregational Employers and Administrators
Use our new enrollment form to enroll new employees
Use our Employee Benefits Change Form to:
- Terminate employees' coverage
- Change or update name, address, or other personal information
- Update employees' salary
- Report any changes in employee benefits.
- Use our Transition Form to notify us if an employee is moving from one Congregation or UUA affiliated organization to another.
- Billing Questions? Call our billing service at (877) 578-8705 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.