Benefits, Compensation, and Aid Funds
Unitarian Universalist organizations practice the values of our faith within their own walls by compensating their staff appropriately and providing access to high-quality benefits. The UUA compensation program and benefit plans are administered by the Office of Church Staff Finances.
Essential Information for Congregations
- Open Enrollment for the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Heath and Dental Plans for all eligible staff takes place each November for the next calendar year.
- Stay legally compliant! Our Benefits Tune-up Workbook (PDF) (Word) walks you through the basics of administering UUA benefits.
- This Benefits Summary Chart (PDF) provides an overview of eligibility, enrollment windows, and congregational requirements for all of our benefit plans.
- Our Welcoming and Onboarding checklist (PDF) reminds congregations of key steps for new hires.
- Report all employee changes affecting insurance on this Employee/Benefits Change Form. (For employees changing congregations, see the Transitioning Benefits page.)
- Which of your staff members must receive employer contributions to the UUA Retirement Plan? See the featured article in the May 2018 edition of Compensation and Staffing News.