UU Employers and this Employee Benefit Plan
Acknowledging the inherent worth of every employee requires recognizing their needs as they transition and evolve to new chapters in life. UU Employers who have adopted the Plan ensure that all of their employees, age 18 or older, have equal access to the denominational retirement plan so they may save for their future.
Adopting UU Employer/Congregations are responsible for administering the Plan, abiding by all of the provisions of the governing Plan document and their Employer Participation Agreement on file with the UUA, which serves as Plan Sponsor.
- Stay legally compliant! The Benefits Tune-up Workbook (PDF) (Word) walks you through the basics.
- Use the Top 10 Tips (PDF) to increase your knowledge of Plan requirements and help ensure error-free benefit administration.
- UU entities which lack a fully executed Employer Participation Agreement can not offer this employee benefit plan.
- Existing Employer Participation Agreements are in effect until updated, prospectively, by submitting and receiving written authorization via a new fully executed Agreement for a January 1st implementation date for an upcoming Plan Year, signed by the Retirement Plan Director at the UUA.
- Keep us updated regarding end of service dates and related employee changes by completing this online form.
Key Items for the Plan's Employers
- Plan Restatement (PDF, 49 pages)
- Annual Plan Notice (PDF, Cover letter and 9 pages)
- Summary Plan Description (SPD) (PDF, 16 pages)
- Blank Employer Participation Agreement (PDF, 5 pages) for Employers wishing to update commitments for next Plan Year
- The UU Plan's Recordkeeper, TIAA has a wide array of online tools and webinars for participants.