The UUA is pleased to offer member organizations Health Insurance through Highmark BCBS.
Plan Updates for 2024
For calendar year 2024, we are raising base rates by 12.5%. Members currently in the Health Plan will also see a small age adjustment, ranging from 0% - 3.99% - a little lower for younger members and a little higher for older members. This 12.5% increase is in line with changes in the health insurance market and with the rate of medical cost inflation. It also supports Plan Trustees’ best estimate of what the Plan requires for long-term financial strength.
Deductibles and Out-of-pocket Limits
The Standard PPO Plan (Gold) individual deductible will be increased to $1,800 and out-of-pocket maximums for all plans will increase by $500, after staying nearly static since 2017; these must be indexed periodically to keep up with health care inflation. See our Health Plan Level Comparison Grid (PDF) for details.
Prescription Drug Plans
The option will remain to use a generic medication even when a brand is available, members will now pay the difference in cost between the generic and brand (Sensible Rx). In addition, a limited number of members will be able to take advantage of manufacturer coupons while using in-plan coverage, reducing the co-pay to zero (Copay Armor). Highmark members will receive information to explain generic options and the coupon program.
Prospective UUA Health Plan Participants
- Are you eligible for the UUA Health Plan? Do you have a qualifying event?
- Plan options
- Calculate your monthly premiums
- Enrollment information
- Check out our FAQ and learn how our Self-Funded health plan works!
Current UUA Health Plan Participants
- Review benefit details to feel confident you have the best plan option for your needs.
- Calculate your monthly premium for you and your dependents. (Your dependent rate is your total rate minus your rate as an individual.)
- Are you Transitioning from one Congregation or UUA affiliated organization to another?
- Access your Annual CHIP notice (PDF).
- Do you want to make changes to your coverage? Let us know your new Address? Have you changed your name?
- Create a personalized online account with Highmark
- Access your claims information and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) documents
- View your benefit booklet
- Order replacement cards in the event yours is lost or stolen
- Get free access to a number of programs and customized resources
- Search for a provider.
- COBRA FAQ (PDF): information about continuing coverage after loss due to termination of employment, divorce, death or other qualifying event.
For Congregational Employers and Administrators
- Use this Change Form to:
- Terminate employees' coverage.
- Change or update name, address, or other personal information.
- Update employees' salary
- Use this Transition Form to notify us if an employee is moving from one Congregation or UUA affiliated organization to another.
- Check employee eligibility
- Calculate your employee's and their dependent's monthly premium.
- Billing Questions? Call the toll-free number on the invoice or email us.
- The Employer Subscription Agreement (PDF)—must be on file at UUA Health Plan Office and church/organization office.
- Submit a monthly health plan contribution report, as required by the Department of Labor and the UUA audit process.
- Review our Considerations for Congregational Leaders and the UUA Health Plan.
Employee Benefits Trust
The UUA Health Plan is operated by the Health Plan Trust, established by vote at the UUA Board of Trustees meeting on October 22, 2006.
To review the Plan’s annual audited financial statements, please see Finance Teams and Financial Reports of the UUA on the UUA Finance Page.