The UUA is pleased to offer member organizations Health Insurance through Highmark BCBS.
Plan Updates for 2022
For calendar year 2022, we are raising base rates by 6%. Members currently in the Health Plan will also see a small age adjustment, around 2½% - a little lower for younger members and a little higher for older members.This 6% increase is in line with changes in the health insurance market and with the rate of medical cost inflation. It also supports Plan Trustees’ best estimate of what the Plan requires for long-term financial strength.There is no plan to repeat last year’s unprecedented mid-year rate change, which was in lieu of an increase in January of 2021.
Deductibles and Out-of-pocket Limits
Our Health Plan deductibles and out-of-pocket maximums have been adjusted for 2022 after staying nearly static since 2017; these must be indexed periodically to keep up with health care inflation. See our Health Plan Level Comparison Grid (PDF) for details.
Prescription Drug Plans
The option will remain to use a brand medication even when a generic is available, but members will now pay the difference in cost between the generic and brand (Sensible Rx). In addition, a limited number of members will be able to take advantage of manufacturer coupons while using in-plan coverage, reducing the co-pay to zero(Copay Armor). Highmark will reach out to affected members to explain generic options and the coupon program.
Prospective UUA Health Plan Participants
- Are you eligible for the UUA Health Plan? Do you have a qualifying event?
- Plan options
- Calculate your monthly premiums
- Compare the UUA Health Plan to other health plans
- Enrollment information
- Check out our FAQ and learn how our Self-Funded health plan works!
Current UUA Health Plan Participants
- Review benefit details to feel confident you have the best plan option for your needs.
- Calculate your monthly premium for you and your dependents. (Your dependent rate is your total rate minus your rate as an individual.)
- Are you Transitioning from one Congregation or UUA affiliated organization to another?
- Access your Annual CHIP notice (PDF).
Do you want to make changes to your coverage? Let us know your new Address? Have you changed your name?
Access your claims information and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) documents
View your benefit booklet
Order replacement cards in the event yours is lost or stolen
Get free access to a number of programs and customized resources
Search for a provider.
- COBRA FAQ (PDF): information about continuing coverage after loss due to termination of employment, divorce, death or other qualifying event.
For Congregational Employers and Administrators
Use this Change Form to:
- Terminate employees' coverage.
- Change or update name, address, or other personal information.
- Update employees' salary
- Use this Transition Form to notify us if an employee is moving from one Congregation or UUA affiliated organization to another.
- Check employee eligibility
- Calculate your employee's and their dependent's monthly premium.
- Billing Questions? Call the toll-free number on the invoice or email us.
- The Employer Subscription Agreement (PDF)—must be on file at UUA Health Plan Office and church/organization office.
- Submit a monthly health plan contribution report, as required by the Department of Labor and the UUA audit process.
- Review our Considerations for Congregational Leaders and the UUA Health Plan.
Employee Benefits Trust
The UUA Health Plan is operated by the Health Plan Trust, established by vote at the UUA Board of Trustees meeting on October 22, 2006.