2.3 Treatment of Staff: UUA Governance Manual
With respect to the treatment of paid and volunteer staff, the President may not cause or allow conditions that are inequitable, undignified, disrespectful, disorganized, unclear, or discriminatory.
Further, without limiting the scope of the foregoing by this enumeration, the President shall not fail to: permit and provide space for the expression of dissent by any staff member; ensure staff-appointed committees and task forces reflect the full diversity of the Association; ensure staff is provided safe working conditions; operate with written personnel rules which include:
- Confidentiality requirements
- Prohibition of disclosure about the Association’s internal affairs
- Guidelines for social media, internet, email, and computer use.
- Provision for effective handling of grievances, and
- Policies addressing unethical conditions, real or having the appearance of being real, such as nepotism and preferential treatment for personal reasons.
- Procedures to implement the Association’s Conflict of Interest policies (Appendix 2J).
- Procedures to implement the Association’s Whistleblower policies (Appendix 2K).
- Safety and ethics policies.