UUA Governance Manual
These Governance Policies, making up the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Governance Manual, were adopted by the Board of Trustees at their April 2009 meeting. These policies went into effect on July 1, 2009. The Board notes that these policies continue to be revised as we learn and gain experience. Any policy revisions made can be found in the Minutes of the UUA Board meetings.
- Section One: Ends
- Section Two: Executive Limits
- Appendix 2.A Congregational Loan Policy
- Appendix 2.B Investment Policy
- Appendix 2.D Endowment Payout Policy
- Appendix 2.E Conflict of Interest Policy
- Appendix 2.F Whistleblower Policy
- Section Three: Governance Process
- Appendix 3.A Monitoring Schedule (The section is under review.)
- Appendix 3.B Recurring Agenda (undergoing revisions) (PDF)
- Appendix 3.C Source Operational Definitions
- Appendix 3.D Procedures (PDF)
- Appendix 3.E Reimbursement of Foregone Income (PDF)
- Section Four: Board-President Linkage
- Board Compliance Monitoring Tool (PDF)
- Notes on UUA Governance Language
Please note: The UUA Board of Trustees uses policy-based governance and is reviewing its governance model.
For assistance with specific governance language adaptations that the UUA has adopted, see the "Notes on UUA Governance Language." For example, The UUA will use "Sources of Authority and Accountability" language instead of the typical "moral ownership." The "Notes on Language..." piece will explain the rationale. The full text of the "Sources..." statement is found in "Section 3: Governance Process."