2.4 Compensation and Benefits for UUA Staff: UUA Governance Manual
With respect to employment, compensation, and benefits for Association staff, the President shall not cause or allow:
a. An unfair or inhumane benefit structure.
b. Conditions that jeopardize the fiscal integrity of the Association.
Further, without limiting the scope of the foregoing by this enumeration, the President shall not:
- Promise permanent employment.
- Set salaries at levels that are materially less than those paid by comparable nonprofit organizations.
- Provide less than a living wage to all employees.
- Change or administer benefits so as to cause imprudent or inequitable situations, including those that:
- Incur unfunded liabilities.
- Provide less than a resonable level of benefits to all employees.
- Allow any employee to lose benefits already promised.
- Differentiate among classes of employees
- Offer a severance package to any employee that exceeds that provided for in the Employee Manual (in effect on June 21, 2017), or amend the severance policy in that Employee Manual, without approval of the Board.