General Assembly (GA) is the annual meeting of our Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). Attendees worship, witness, learn, connect, and make policy for the Association through democratic process. General Assembly 2019 (June 19-23) took place in Spokane, Washington.
Video and Transcripts from Assembly-Wide Events
This coverage includes on-demand video and text captured from the live captioners for events in the main session hall and video from our public witness.
Wednesday, June 19
Thursday, June 20
- Worship, Opening, Framing: A Love to Change the World
- Public Witness: Demand Smart Justice for Spokane!
- Procession of the Species by the UU Ministry for Earth
- Service of the Living Tradition
Friday, June 21
- Friday Morning Worship
- General Session I
- Theme Program & Conversations I: Redeeming the Promise of Our Faith
- Synergy Bridging Worship
- Ware Lecture by Richard Blanco
Saturday, June 22
- Saturday Morning Worship
- General Session I, Part Two
- Theme Program & Conversations II: The Heart of Our Faith
- General Session II
- Saturday Closing Ceremony: Saying Yes to the Power of We
- Elandria Williams presents the Award for Distinguished Service to the Cause of Unitarian Universalism to the Rev. Dr. Mark Morrison-Reed
- Gail Forsyth-Vail presents the Angus H. MacLean Award for Excellence in Religious Education to CB Beal
- Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray presents the President’s Award for Volunteer Service to Denise Rimes
- Presentation: Black Lives of Unitarian Universalism Commitment, Promise & Practice Campaign
- Installation of Elected Volunteers
- Invitation: General Assembly 2020 in Providence, RI
Sunday, June 23
Association Business & Social Witness
Annual reports, general session coverage, and social justice statements are on GA 2019 Business & Social Witness.
Video is available for some workshops and presentations, and organizers may submit slides or other materials for inclusion on Workshops at GA 2019.
Off-site Registrants Get More GA Online
Off-site Voting Delegates are also be able to propose amendments in the live business sessions, participate in debates, and vote in general sessions.