You Are Here
UUA Elections Policies and Official Information
UUA.org offers increased opportunities for informing congregations through the use of technologies such as streaming video, video posting, podcasts, and online chats. The Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) will continue, as it has done in past election cycles, to oversee use of email lists related to the election.
For purposes of these policies, the decision for determining whether a person is an “announced candidate” shall be that of the Secretary of the Association, secretary [at] uua [dot] org (secretary @ uua.org). Furthermore, while the UUA will use all communications vehicles at its disposal to inform Unitarian Universalists about the election, only UU World and uuworld.org may cover election campaigns as news.
We are confident that these innovative strategies for communication about UUA elections will enhance congregational involvement in the election process.
- UU World and uuworld.org Election Policies (Word) (PDF, 2 pages)
- UUA.org Election Policies (Word) (PDF, 3 pages)
- Candidate Access to Mailing List Labels
Contact the UUA Election Campaign Practices Committee at elections [at] uua [dot] org with additional questions.
Altogether, the following documents compose a total petition packet which must be filed by a potential candidate, in full, on or before 5 p.m. on February 1 of the election year.
For Potential Candidates
- Nomination Procedures (Word) (PDF)
- Candidate Petition (Word) (PDF)
- Candidate Certification of Congregation Membership (Word) (PDF)
- Candidate Acceptance of Nomination (Word) (PDF)