The UUA's General Assembly 2019 included a two-part workshop track entitled "Combating Destructive Behavior and White Supremacy Culture."
As UUs dismantle white supremacy culture in our congregations, how do we respond wisely and compassionately to individual behavior that hurts people in our midst? How do we not reinforce oppressive systems in our response (or lack of response) to destructive behavior? How do we live into beloved community?
Workshop Slides and Resources
- View slides from part 1 (Thursday, 2 hours) on Google Slides
- View slides from part 2 (Saturday, 1 hour) on Google Slides
- White Supremacy Culture Handout by Tema Okun
- Case study handout (used in workshop)
- Sample destructive behavior policy that also seeks to acknowledge and dismantle white supremacy culture
- UUA Safe Congregations resources
- UUA resources for dismantling white supremacy culture