Get to Know Your Role
- Overview of Envoy Responsibilities—(Download as a PDF)
- Suggested Timeline for Envoys
- Instructions to send donations (PDF) collected in your congregation to the UU@UN
- Also: In the US, individuals can text "UNSunday" to 51555 to donate via mobile phone!
- Add your congregation's Envoy or Envoy Team to the Map of UU@UN Envoys. Instructions are on that page. Also: See sidebar of this page!
- Fundraising Ideas for Envoys (PDF)
- Take action towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals!
- Check out the "Time to Act" section in each month's Envoy News for suggestions on how to take action for global peace, justice, and development!
Get In Touch
There are several ways to communicate ideas, plans, and questions with your fellow Envoys...
- UU@UN Envoys Facebook group - Instructions to join and use (PDF)
- Monthly Conference Calls (Usually 3pm & 6pm EDT on the third Tuesday of each month. Check your email or the Envoy News for details on upcoming calls.)
- Make sure your congregation's Envoy or Envoy Team is on the Map of UU@UN Envoys. When logged in, click the username of an Envoy on the map to contact them directly.
Resources to Use in Your Congregation
- United Nations Sunday Resource Packet
- UN Me Religious Education Curriculum (PDF)
- Climate Change Religious Education Curriculum
Materials to Print and Share
Here you can find links to download flyers about each of the UU@UN's program areas. You can print these and share them with others in your congregation!
- Climate Justice Program Flyer (PDF)
- Every Child is Our Child Program Flyer (PDF)
- Gender Equity Program Flyer (PDF)
- Racial Justice Program Flyer (PDF)
- LGBTQ Rights Program Flyer (double sided!)
- Envoy Program Flyer (PDF)
- Get Involved and How We Work Flyer (PDF) (double sided!)
- Spring Seminar Flyer (PDF)
We had a tutorial in Sept. 2018 on the process to add a congregation to the map of UU@UN Envoys. This was recorded; check it out below. One follow-up note to the tutorial:
Your email address does not show up automatically on your user page. In the tutorial I was logged in with my UUA staff account which has special permissions. It will just show "Contact: Send a Message" when someone (who's logged in) clicks on your account name. Using that form will send the person an email notification that they have a message and they can log into UUA.org to reply within the system.
Educate your Congregation on Drone Warfare
In the October 2017 Envoy Conference Call, we were joined by Rev. Chris Antal who presented about the realities of lethal drones used by the U.S. military and shared many resources for Envoys to use to get their congregations involved.
Educational Resources Learning about the impact of lethal drones
- Report on the Humanitarian Impact of Drones from Reaching Critical Will (Women's International League for Peace & Freedom)
- "Out of the Shadows"Recommendations to Advance Transparency in the Use of Lethal Force from the Columbia Law School Human Rights Clinic in NY and the Sana'a Center for Strategic Studies in Sana'a, Yemen.
UUA Resources Connecting our UU faith with advocating against lethal drones
- "Creating Peace" 2010 UUA Statement of Conscience includes the statement: "We repudiate aggressive and preventive wars, the disproportionate use of force, covert wars, and targeting that includes a high risk to civilians."
- Reclaiming Prophetic Winess: Liberal Religion in the Public Square by Paul Rasor was the 2014-15 UUA Common Read, drew from the above SOC.
Resources for Congregations Leading programs about lethal drones
- Flyer about film series on lethal drones - there are 5 (soon to be 6) half-hour films with accompanying discussion guides. Consider hosting a "Scones & Drones" or "Calzones & Drones" series after church!
- Interfaith Network on Drone Warfare website is where you can register to host the film series and find lots of other info & resources on this topic.
- Drones Quilt Project allows congregations to host an exhibition of drone memorial quilts (each square honors a person who has been killed by a U.S. lethal drone strike)
Rev. Antal wants to get at least 25 congregations registered to host these conversations & film screenings - can yours be one? Please visit interfaithdronenetwork.org to register and email Rev. Antal for additional info/support.