What's New on WorshipWeb?
Hope Will Be Restored (an Easter Homily) by Heide Cottam
Transfiguring Love (an invocation) by Rev. Chip Roush
Good Tidings and Gladness (a Christmas prayer) by Carter Susanna Hodges Smith
The Labor of Our Days, (a reading) by Jennifer Willet
- Companioned Inside Your Grief, a quote on grieving and spiritual practice by Megan Devine.
- Immovable Elements of Being Alive, a quote on grief/loss by Megan Devine.
- The 2018-19 liturgical & monthly theme calendar (PDF)
- Recommended practices (PDF) for guest preachers in UU congregations
- Our blog post, "What You're Saying When You Say 'I Don't Need a Mic'"
Added January 2019:
Revel in the Mystery, by Antonia Bell-Delgado
The Work We Share, by Rev. Krista Taves
Prayer of Storytelling, by Mandie McGlynn
Cauldron Prayer, by Rebecka Clement
Christmas Prayer, by Rev. Shari Woodbury
Invitation to Christmas, (Opening Words) by Rev. Shari Woodbury
We Bear Witness, (Transgender Day of Remembrance responsive reading) by Rev. Amy Brooks
Blessing of the Ashes, by Rev. Addae Ama Kraba
The Heart of Our Faith, by Rev. Monica Jacobson-Tennessen
You Are Beloved and You Are Welcome Here, by Rev. Joan Javier-Duval
Meditation for Challenging Times, by Rev. Joan Javier-Duval
The Fires of Our Commitment (a post-election prayer), by Rev. Beth Dana
A Chaplain's Blessing, by Andrea Hawkins-Kamper
Hope, Nearly Not There, a poem by Rev. David Breeden
Quinceañera Ceremony, by Rev. Kendyl Gibbons
The Innkeeper, by Anne Dilenschneider
Waiting For Now, by Mandie McGlynn
Days of Awe, by Ben Soule
Making Aspirations Real, by Ben Soule
Bearing Witness, an anti-racism homily by Heide Cottam
Added December 2018:
- Come Whoever You Are (a welcome) by Marilyn Falkowski
- We Are Grateful, a table grace by Rev. Amy Kindred
- The Dark Nights of Midwinter, by Rev. Dawn Fortune
- In This Time of Waiting (an Advent prayer) by Cricket Hall
- Christmas Is a Risk by Rev. Rexford J. Styzens
- In Mourning for the Children, a prayer by Rev. Doug Taylor
- We Gather As Many Drops by Rev. Leslie Takahashi
- The Symphony of Life by Rev. Doug Taylor
- We Labor in Love by Amanda Udis-Kessler
- We Carry the Flame by Rev. Doug Taylor
- Constellations of Our Lives by Rev. Karen G. Johnston
- The Work of Creation by Israel Buffardi
- Fellow Sojourners, a Christmas Eve chalice lighting by Rev. Dan Lambert
- Let Our Lives Be a Prayer by Rev. Joel Miller
- In the Rising Sun Today by Rev. Joel Miller
- A Sabbath Rest litany by Rev. Dan Lambert
The Promise & the Practice
- a Promise & Practice call to worship by Viola Abbitt
- a Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- a second Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Adrian Graham
- Connie Simon's reflection, "Missing Voices"
- Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel's reflection, "Words Matter"
- Rev. Kimberly Johnson's reflection, "Black Joy"
- a Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Connie Simon
- a second Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Viola Abbitt
- Rayla Matton's powerful homily, "Tired of Being Silent"
- Rev. Rebekah Savage's homily, "The Healing Is Not Done"
- DeReau Farrar's homily, "A Parable on Privilege"
- a Promise & Practice litany, "The Promise That Binds," by Viola Abbitt
- a Lamentation for Two Voices by Rev. Erika Hewitt and Rebekah Savage
- a participatory healing ritual by Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel
- a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- "Hush," a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- a third Promise & Practice benediction, also by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- "The Golden Chain," two versions of an Ife creation story (for all ages) by Erica Shadowsong
- "Repairing Our Mistakes with Love," a Time for All Ages by Jae Scott and Rev. Erika Hewitt