What's New on WorshipWeb?
Enjoy our most recent addtions
What's New on WorshipWeb?
- We Are Grateful, a table grace by Rev. Amy Kindred
- The Dark Nights of Midwinter, by Rev. Dawn Fortune
- In This Time of Waiting (an Advent prayer) by Cricket Hall
- Christmas Is a Risk by Rev. Rexford J. Styzens
- The 2018-19 liturgical & monthly theme calendar (PDF)
- Recommended practices (PDF) for guest preachers in UU congregations
- Our blog post, "What You're Saying When You Say 'I Don't Need a Mic'"
Added November 2018:
- The Miracle in the Mundane by Kyle Johnson
- "Humans' Core Function Is to Love" by adrienne maree brown
- A Thanksgrieving Bread Communion by Rev. Sheri Prud'homme
- "A False Story of Discovery" by Rev. Myke Johnson
- Thanksgiving as a Day of Mourning by Rev. Myke Johnson
- A Thanksgrieving Reflection by Isabel Call
- Advent Wreath Words for 4 Sundays by Rev. Megan Dowdell
- Mandie McGlynn's collection of Communion resources:
Added October 2018:
- A Prayer for Tree of Life Synagogue (in Pittsburg) by Rev. Alison Miller
- A pastoral prayer for survivors of sexual abuse by Rev. Lisa Bovee-Kemper
- The Gifts of the Journey, a participatory Christmas message (which could be used as a mini-pageant) by Rev. Kathy Schmitz.
- An Interactive, No-Rehearsal Christmas Pageant by Rev. Norman Allen
- "This Faith," opening words by Heide Cottam
- Lighting the Candles of the Advent Wreath by Rev. Lyn Cox
- "A World of Beauty and Love Is Coming," a prayer by Rev. Elizabeth Bukey
- Chalice Lighting for When Things Aren't Okay, by Molly Brewer
- A Unity Devotion by Rev. Dr. Kelly Murphy Mason
- a quote about change by Anne Lamott
The Promise & the Practice
- a Promise & Practice call to worship by Viola Abbitt
- a Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- a second Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Adrian Graham
- Connie Simon's reflection, "Missing Voices"
- Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel's reflection, "Words Matter"
- Rev. Kimberly Johnson's reflection, "Black Joy"
- a Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Connie Simon
- a second Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Viola Abbitt
- Rayla Matton's powerful homily, "Tired of Being Silent"
- Rev. Rebekah Savage's homily, "The Healing Is Not Done"
- DeReau Farrar's homily, "A Parable on Privilege"
- a Promise & Practice litany, "The Promise That Binds," by Viola Abbitt
- a Lamentation for Two Voices by Rev. Erika Hewitt and Rebekah Savage
- a participatory healing ritual by Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel
- a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- "Hush," a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- a third Promise & Practice benediction, also by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- "The Golden Chain," two versions of an Ife creation story (for all ages) by Erica Shadowsong
- "Repairing Our Mistakes with Love," a Time for All Ages by Jae Scott and Rev. Erika Hewitt