What's New on WorshipWeb?
- To the people who have mistaken freedom for liberation by Rev. Theresa I. Soto
- Our Common Life Is Enriched, a Pride-related responsive reading from Religious Institute.
- Living with Pride, a chalice lighting by Rev. Lori Hlaban
- As Breath to Song, a chalice extinguishing for a music or choir Sunday, by Becky Laurent
- On a Holy Night in 1969, a Pride resource by Rev. Otto O'Connor
- When your best friend has four or so legs by Rev. Theresa I. Soto
- We Hold Hope Close by Rev. Theresa I. Soto
- NEW! The 2019-20 liturgical & monthly theme calendar (PDF)
- Recommended practices (PDF) for guest preachers in UU congregations
- Our blog post, "What You're Saying When You Say 'I Don't Need a Mic'"
Added May 2019:
Blessed Are the Queer, an affirmation by Helen Rose
Blessing of the Easter Baskets by Rev. Lucas Hergert
Wholeness, an opening by Rev. Sharon Wylie
A Prayer for Humility by Alex Jensen
A Recipe for Resilience, a reading by Rev. Margaret Weis
O Divine Love! a chalice lighting by Cooper Garrett
For Our Collective Liberation, a chalice lighting by Rev. Deanna Vandiver
- a Moment of Silence Pastoral Prayer by Rev. Lori Walke
- Amelia and Her Super Magical Powers, a story by Gail Sphar
- Which Door Do You Choose?, a time for all ages by Rev. Erika Hewitt
- As We Proclaim Worth, a welcome by Rev. Dan Lambert
- Go in Peace, Seeking Justice, a benediction by Rev. Jim Magaw
- Amira's Porpoise, a story/time for all ages by Chrissy Bushyager
- Two new verses, written for a wedding, for "My Life Flows on in Endless Song" (Singing the Living Tradition, #108) by Rev. Eliot Brian Chenowith.
- Fearfully and Wonderfully Made, a pastoral prayer by Rev. Lori Walke
- Honoring Fallen Soldiers, a Time for All Ages by Rev. Erika Hewitt and Rev. Paul Sawyer
- A Universe of Possibilities by Jill Tarter
Circle of Our Love, a prayer by Rev. Paul Beedle
Hope, Not Nearly There, a poem by Rev. David Breeden
- An interactive Easter litany by Lisa Maria Andreoli Steinberg
- "It Began with a Stone," an Easter reading by Rev. Lisa Fischbeck
- "This Is Our Home, But Not Just Ours," an Earth Day meditation by Rev. Laura Bogle
The Promise & the Practice
- a Promise & Practice call to worship by Viola Abbitt
- a Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- a second Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Adrian Graham
- Connie Simon's reflection, "Missing Voices"
- Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel's reflection, "Words Matter"
- Rev. Kimberly Johnson's reflection, "Black Joy"
- a Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Connie Simon
- a second Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Viola Abbitt
- Rayla Matton's powerful homily, "Tired of Being Silent"
- Rev. Rebekah Savage's homily, "The Healing Is Not Done"
- DeReau Farrar's homily, "A Parable on Privilege"
- a Promise & Practice litany, "The Promise That Binds," by Viola Abbitt
- a Lamentation for Two Voices by Rev. Erika Hewitt and Rebekah Savage
- a participatory healing ritual by Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel
- a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- "Hush," a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- a third Promise & Practice benediction, also by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- "The Golden Chain," two versions of an Ife creation story (for all ages) by Erica Shadowsong
- "Repairing Our Mistakes with Love," a Time for All Ages by Jae Scott and Rev. Erika Hewitt