What's New on WorshipWeb?
Enjoy our most recent addtions
What's New on WorshipWeb?
- A packet of worship materials for the Global Climate Strike (September 20, 2019), curated by Rev. Peggy Clarke
- On White Supremacy Culture and Why I Use These Words by Carolina Krawarik-Graham
- We Are a People of Beauty by Kimberlee Tomczak Carlson
- A Stream of Living History, a ritual to recognize a congregation's founders and pillars, by Rev. Erika Hewitt
- An Affirmation of Mutual Care for use at ministerial installations, by Rev. Erika Hewitt
- Us. Here. a litany by Rev. David Breeden
- Blessing for the Front Lines by Anna Geoffroy
- NEW! The 2019-20 liturgical & monthly theme calendar (PDF)
- Recommended practices (PDF) for guest preachers in UU congregations
- Our Decentering Whitness in Worship page
- Our Black Lives Matter Collection
- Our blog post, "What You're Saying When You Say 'I Don't Need a Mic'"
added July 2019:
- "Beyond Basic Representation," a video conversation for UU worship leaders about why and how UU worship leaders need to do more than include readings by authors of color in worship, and why the next stage of our collective spiritual growth calls for the (often uncomfortable) creation of new processes and relationships.
- This Essential Work of Justice and Liberation for All, by Rev. Rosemary Bray McNatt
- The Seasons of Life by Rev. Mary Frances Comer
- Spiritual Theft, a reading by Rev. Myke Johnson
- Sacred Trees and Resurrection, a homily by Rev. Myke Johnson
- Love Shines Round Me Like a Light, a children's goodnight blessing by Rev. Kathleen Green
added June 2019:
- In This Delicate Turning, a sermon excerpt by Rev. Marta Valentín
- To the people who have mistaken freedom for liberation by Rev. Theresa I. Soto
- Our Common Life Is Enriched, a Pride-related responsive reading from Religious Institute
- Living with Pride, a chalice lighting by Rev. Lori Hlaban
- As Breath to Song, a chalice extinguishing for a music or choir Sunday, by Becky Laurent
- On a Holy Night in 1969, a Pride resource by Rev. Otto O'Connor
- When your best friend has four or so legs by Rev. Theresa I. Soto
- We Hold Hope Close by Rev. Theresa I. Soto
- A Blessing for Finals by Alex Haider-Winnett
- Prayer to Mother Earth by Rev. Lucy Bunch
- Cooperation for Human Creativity by Denise Cawley
- The Unitarian Universalism That Does Not Yet Exist, a quote by Rev. Natalie Maxwell Fenimore
- All Water Is Connected by Rev. Myke Johnson
The Promise & the Practice
- a Promise & Practice call to worship by Viola Abbitt
- a Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- a second Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Adrian Graham
- Connie Simon's reflection, "Missing Voices"
- Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel's reflection, "Words Matter"
- Rev. Kimberly Johnson's reflection, "Black Joy"
- a Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Connie Simon
- a second Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Viola Abbitt
- Rayla Matton's powerful homily, "Tired of Being Silent"
- Rev. Rebekah Savage's homily, "The Healing Is Not Done"
- DeReau Farrar's homily, "A Parable on Privilege"
- a Promise & Practice litany, "The Promise That Binds," by Viola Abbitt
- a Lamentation for Two Voices by Rev. Erika Hewitt and Rebekah Savage
- a participatory healing ritual by Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel
- a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- "Hush," a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- a third Promise & Practice benediction, also by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- "The Golden Chain," two versions of an Ife creation story (for all ages) by Erica Shadowsong
- "Repairing Our Mistakes with Love," a Time for All Ages by Jae Scott and Rev. Erika Hewitt