What's New on WorshipWeb?
Enjoy our most recent addtions
What's New on WorshipWeb?
New! We've just released the 2018-2019 calendar of holidays, holy days, and monthly themes.
- Hope Is Risen by Elena Westbrook
- The Spirit of Water, The End Is the Beginning, and The Abundance of Our Lives Together: chalice lightings by Katie Gelfand
- a quote from former Episcopalian bishop William Swing about hunger and feeding people
- The Heart of Both-And, a prayer by Rev. Lyn Cox
- Meditation on Musica Universalis by intern minister Joel Tishken
- A Protest or a Party, opening words for Pride by Hannah Roberts Villnave
- Let the Chalice Connect Us, by Catherine Callahan
- a chalice lighting invoking Henry David Thoreau, by Ben Soule
- a Flower Communion blessing, A Bouquet of People, by Rev. Claire Feingold Thoryn
- "Rise!," a call to worship by Rev. Gretchen Haley
- Let This Be a Place of Silence, by Rev. Barbara Stevens
- Suspended Between, by Rev. Linda Barnes
- a Guided Meditation on Darkness by Rev. Shari Woodbury
- A Place at the Table, a reflection by Rev. Chris Rothbauer
- Honoring Our Elders, a responsive reading to celebrate church members in their 80s and 90s, by Rev. Elizabeth Stevens
- Called by Loss, Called by Peace, a Memorial Day invocation by Rev. Heather Janules
- We Remember, a Memorial Day prayer by Rev. Heather Janules
- Within the Heart of the Flower, a chalice lighting for the Flower Ceremony by Rev. Amy Zucker Morgenstern
- Kindle New Sparks, a chalice extinguishing by Debra Burrell
- Prayer for the Dying by Rev. Lindasusan Ulrich
- "Dependence Day," a poem suitable for Earth Day, by John Daniel
- "Piece of a Deeply Sacred Whole," quote about #BlackLivesMatter from Rev. Nancy McDonald Ladd
- "A Prayer among Friends," a poem by John Daniel
- "Widening Our Welcome," a reflection (suitable for Pride Sunday) by Rev. Jonathan Chapman
- a page inviting Worship Notes created by Rev. Shawna Foster
- a page inviting Worship Notes created by Rev. Cindy Landrum
minist and social activist bell hooks
- "How Many More Sundays?," a meditation on grief by Rev. Brian Chenowith
The Promise & the Practice
- a Promise & Practice call to worship by Viola Abbitt
- a Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- a second Promise & Practice chalice lighting by Adrian Graham
- Connie Simon's reflection, "Missing Voices"
- Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel's reflection, "Words Matter"
- Rev. Kimberly Johnson's reflection, "Black Joy"
- a Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Connie Simon
- a second Promise & Practice pastoral prayer by Viola Abbitt
- Rayla Matton's powerful homily, "Tired of Being Silent"
- Rev. Rebekah Savage's homily, "The Healing Is Not Done"
- DeReau Farrar's homily, "A Parable on Privilege"
- a Promise & Practice litany, "The Promise That Binds," by Viola Abbitt
- a Lamentation for Two Voices by Rev. Erika Hewitt and Rebekah Savage
- a participatory healing ritual by Rev. Carol Thomas Cissel
- a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Rebekah Savage
- "Hush," a Promise & Practice benediction by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- a third Promise & Practice benediction, also by Rev. Kimberly Johnson
- "The Golden Chain," two versions of an Ife creation story (for all ages) by Erica Shadowsong
- "Repairing Our Mistakes with Love," a Time for All Ages by Jae Scott and Rev. Erika Hewitt