Multigenerational worship is designed to engage all ages—from babies to elders—in a shared experience of spiritual growth.
Given the diversity of ages and developmental stages, this can be challenging. Here are some resources UUs have found helpful:
- "Ten Good Ideas About Multi-Generational Worship" from the Mid-America Staff Group of the UUA
- Creating Effective Intergenerational Worship from Unitarian Universalist (UU) minister Rev. Greg Ward
- Come Into the Circle: Worshipping with Children, a book by UU Michelle Richards (Skinner House Books)
- Story, Song and Spirit: Fun and Creative Worship Services for All Ages, a book by UU minister Rev. Erika Hewitt (Skinner House Books)
- Com-passion: A Theological Foundation for Intergenerational Worship by UU minister Rev. John Tolley.
Plays and Pageants
Visit the Stories for Worship section of WorshipWeb to access collections of stories for all ages.
Send Us Your Multigenerational Worships
You can improve and expand WorshipWeb’s multigenerational collection by sharing your multigenerational stories, prayers, rituals, scripts, and more. Send something to WorshipWeb.