Please read the following before submitting your material to WorshipWeb.
- WorshipWeb seeks to center the voices of people who belong to historically marginalized identities. Please name those identities in your email.
- Submissions need to reflect the anti-racism, anti-oppression, and multiculturalism commitments of Unitarian Universalism. Specifically, the language and metaphors in your submission should reflect those commitments and values. (For example, we won't publish work that employs ableist metaphors, or uses "darkness" as shorthand for "scary and threatening.") We can't edit your word choices for you, in part because we ask those who submit to WorshipWeb to demonstrate an understanding of, and fluency in, those values.
- When we review submissions, your editorial team asks the following questions: Is this voice already in our collection, or does it enhance the diversity of our collection? Does this piece work for the ear, and for listeners in worship? Do the metaphors &/or theology of this piece make sense? Does this submission represent the best of Unitarian Universalism? How does this piece reach seekers?
- Out of consideration for our staff’s time, we ask you to send your polished gems—not raw material that will need to be edited, shaped, or revised.
- The process of reviewing submissions is very slow. As WorshipWeb's focus expands, our administrative and editorial processes are strained. As a result, you may not receive news from our editorial review team for 3 to 6 months.
- Submissions communicate your consent with our author/contribution agreement:
- I am the author/contributor of the attached worship resource. I give permission for it to be published electronically by the Unitarian Universalist Association on the WorshipWeb with proper credit given to authors/contributors and, if applicable, publishers. Further, I give the Unitarian Universalist Association member congregations permission to reprint this piece for use in its public worship. This may involve, but is not limited to, its inclusion in podcasts and/or videos of the services, written transcripts, projection onto a screen(s), and pre-printed materials. Any reprints of this piece must acknowledge the name of the author.
I hereby acknowledge and agree that:
- My work may be edited for length or content;
- I will receive no royalties or other payment for this work;
- Publication of my work is not guaranteed;
- The work is original.
- If part of this work was written by an author other than myself—whether published or not published—I have obtained and included permission to publish it on the WorshipWeb as described above.
You may submit material by clicking on the contact link on this page and including your submission in the body of an email.
Thank you for your patience, and for being part of WorshipWeb.
—Rev. Erika Hewitt, Minister of Worship Arts, Unitarian Universalist Association