While you’re at GA, there are many ways to reduce your environmental impacts.
- Participate in your hotel’s Linen ReUse Program–did you know that you can often earn
Rewards points for participating? Ask your hotel about their specific awards incentives!
- Take shorter showers to save water and time!
- Use a refillable water bottle and coffee cup throughout the conference
- Take only what you need at food functions
- Make sure to download the official mobile app instead of using a paper
- Ask for a recycling container for your hotel room if one isn’t in place
- Turn off lights and thermostat when leaving your hotel room
- If exhibiting, be sure to power down your booth at the end of each show day
Air Quality/CO2 Impact
- Carpool or take public transport to/from the airport and to/from your hotel. Make new friends and contacts while saving CO2! Public transportation in Pittsburgh
- Choose to eat vegetarian or vegan at least one meal per day OR make the commitment eat meat free all week!
- Offset your travel to/from GA for just $6 – automatic at registration, just don’t opt out!
Community Service Project
- Each year, General Assembly participants contribute to a local service project, identified by the GA Local Area Task Force.