Unitarian Universalist (UU) Clergy and Seminarians who are planning to travel internationally are invited to consider including a visit with a Unitarian, Universalist, or Unitarian Universalist (U/U) congregation while abroad.
Note: General information about visits that do not have a professional component is available. Please consider sharing this information with members of your congregation who are planning to travel or who have been assigned to work outside the USA.
A complete list of U/U congregations and groups is available, and the International Office, email@example.com, would be glad to assist you in making contact with leaders from any of our global partners. Short-term ministerial opportunities are sometimes available or can be designed. And, opportunities to lead a worship service or provide another professional service can be explored.
If language is an important consideration, the U/U congregations outside the USA that primarily use English during their worship services are located in the following places:
- Most Canadian Unitarian churches
- Most Unitarian churches in the UK
- Two UU congregations in Mexico: San Miguel de Allende and Lake Chapala
- Unitarian and UU congregations in Australia and New Zealand
European UU (EUU) fellowships (each fellowship meets about once or twice a month):
- Brussels, Belgium
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Paris, France
- Rhein-Main fellowship in the greater Frankfurt area
- Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Stuttgart, Germany
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Basel, Switzerland
- Bern, Switzerland (chalice circle)
- Geneva, Switzerland
- EUU’s at-large group brings together English-speaking Unitarians and Universalists in Europe (and beyond) who don’t live near an EUU fellowship. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Unitarian Fellowship of Tokyo, Japan
- South Africa National Assembly of Unitarians
And, there are a few on-going short-term opportunities for Ministers and/or Seminarians, including:
- Leading Worship at the UU Fellowship of Paris (UUFP) email email@example.com
- The UU Church of the Philippines Sabbatical Program
- Short-term Ministry with the German Unitarians (Deutsche Unitarier)
- The Tsubaki Grand Shrine Scholarship
Please contact the International Resources Office for more information about any of these opportunities, or to consider designing other varieties of opportunities. Enjoy your global connections!