Professional Development for Religious Educators
Just as we support members of our congregation in their spiritual growth and leadership capacity, it is important to encourage our staff in their professional growth and development. Enrichment opportunities abound, both within and beyond the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA).
- Religious Education (RE) Credentialing Program
- Renaissance Program
- Professional Learning Units for Staff (PLUS)
- Monthly Webinars from the UUA Faith Development Office
December, 2014 webinar: Give Yourself the Gift of Professional Development (video)
- Scholarships and Grants
- UUA General Assembly (GA)
- UUA Calendar for Religious Educators
Religious Educator Transitions
The transition period surrounding the departure of a religious educator is a critical time in the life of a congregation. The resources below offer guidance to congregations and professionals about religious educator transitions and settlement.
- Director of Religious Education (DRE) Search Process
- Interim Religious Educators
- Public Relations Resources
- Retirement: If you're a credentialed religious educator, let the UUA know of your intent to retire for acknowledgement in the UU World's "Milestones" section and in the Service of the Living Tradition.