Religious Educator Search Process
If you are a leader in a congregation that has a religious education staff position opening, you may wish to contact the Professional Development Programs Manager (PDPM) at email@example.com. The PDPM can provide guidance regarding the search process and position publicity. In addition, you should contact the appropriate staff member in your region. Consulting done by the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Office of RE Credentialing regarding a religious educator search is done in conjunction with regional staff.
These documents may prove useful as you move through your search:
- From Starting to Parting (PDF): A new, updated and expanded resource for hiring and supporting Religious Education and Music staff.
- "The Search for Religious Education Leadership: Best Practices for UU Congregations" (PDF, 43 pages)
- Religious Education Staffing Levels (PDF): This document replaces the information on Page 40 of The Search for Religious Education Leadership.
- Sample DLRE Search Packet from the Bay Are UU Church in Houston TX
- Information about Interim RE ministry can be found on the Interim Religious Education Professionals page, as well as a link to the Guild of Interim Religious Educators (GIRE).
You can see the job descriptions of other Unitarian Universalist (UU) congregations in search for a religious educator by accessing Openings at UU Congregations. This web-page will explain how you can submit a link to your job posting. Your regional staff can tell you how to send an advertisement to your region's newsletter, website, and any email lists that serve religious educators in your region.
You may also contact Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA). LREDA will list your employment opportunity on their website. LREDA is happy to provide this service free to congregations.