Accessibility Information for General Assembly 2020 in Providence, RI
2020 Accessibility Information for Providence, Rhode Island
General Assembly events will take place in the Rhode Island Convention Center and the Dunkin' Donuts Center, which are connected by skybridge. The layout does present some challenges for mobility. The General Assembly planning team will conduct a detailed site review late in 2019 and post the results here. This survey will include details about elevators, navigation, curb cut-outs, and restrooms.
If an accessible room is needed, use the General Assembly Housing Reservation System. Select the Attendee ADA Accessible from the drop-down list of guest type and the reservation system will filter for hotels with ADA rooms available. Room details are provided.
General Assembly 2020 will take place at the Rhode Island Convention Center, centrally located in the heart of Providence, at 1 Sabin St, Providence, RI 02903. Google Map. It is connected via skybridge to the Dunkin’ Donuts Center arena (site of General Sessions), and to the Providence Place Mall.
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) is equipped with fully accessible buses. Their trolleys are equipped with the capability to kneel or lower to make boarding easier. Each bus has two spaces at the front for passengers in wheelchairs. These spaces include safety belts for extra protection.
- T F Green International Airport accessibility information.
- Taxis/Shuttle: Rhode Island recently launched a wheelchair accessible taxi program, greatly improving access for our mobility-impaired visitors. The 13 taxis will serve 17 communities throughout the state, including Providence, Newport, and T.F. Green Airport in Warwick.
- Taxi Company
Taxi companies with wheelchair accessible vehicles include:
- Economy Cab (401) 944-6700
- Orange Cab (401) 841-0030
- Airport Taxi (401) 737-2868
- Corporate Taxi (401) 231-2228
- Valley Cab (401) 762-5000
- Rainbow Cab (401) 849-1333