General Assembly Housing
By using the General Assembly (GA) Housing Reservation System, attendees earn meeting space for the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) at the hotels and the convention center. Additionally, the UUA is able to negotiate on behalf of our block of attendees for sustainability and accessibilities requirements. We are also able to assist attendees booking rooms within our block with housing issues they may encounter during General Assembly.
In 2023 we are relying on you to reserve lodging within the UUA Housing block in hopes of avoiding steep attrition costs if we fail to meet our lodging commitment. Rates have been negotiated as favorably as possible and incentives, like hotel rebates and concessions, enable us to fund financial support for participants and offer private meeting space for various groups meeting in-person.
The General Assembly Housing Reservation System is Now Open!
2023 Hotels Confirmed
The following Pittsburgh hotel properties are confirmed. These downtown properties are within 0.5 miles of the David Lawrence Convention Center. For a printable version of the information below, please refer to 2023 Pittsburgh Hotels (PDF).
- The Westin Pittsburgh by Marriott – Headquarters hotel
0.2 Miles from Convention Center, connected by an indoor Skywalk on 3rd floor.
1000 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15222 (Map to Westin)
- *Room Rates:
Standard King or Double Queen Rooms: $199.00 per night
ADA (roll-in shower room): $199.00 per night
No additional fee for triple or quadruple occupancy
- Check-In: 4pm
- Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, 24-hour Fitness Center, Lobby luggage storage, Room service, and Business Center.
- Hotel self-parking is $8 per hour and $28 per day. Valet parking is $41 per day. $14 Overnight parking is available in a public parking lot behind the Westin.
- *Room Rates:
- The Omni William Penn Hotel – Historic property in downtown Pittsburgh
0.4 miles from Convention Center
530 William Penn Pl, Pittsburgh, PA 15219 (Map to Omni)
- *Room Rates:
Standard King or Double Queen Rooms - $ 189 per night
ADA King or Double Queen Rooms - $ 189 per night
$10 fee for triple occupancy. $20 fee for quadruple occupancy.
- Check-In: 3pm
Note: $25 per hour charge for early check-in
- Amenities: Free Wi-fi, Lobby luggage storage, and 24-hour Fitness center
- Pets 25lbs and under are permitted. A non-refundable cleaning fee of $25 will be charged at check-in.
- Overnight Valet parking (including in and out privileges) is available for hotel guests for $38 per night.
- Self-parking is offered in the Mellon Square parking garage located across from the hotel. There are no in/out privileges for this lot.
Rates vary from $6-$20 per day, depending on date and time.
- *Room Rates:
To book your GA housing reservation, go to the GA Housing Reservation System and enter your reservation dates to see the available properties. Do not reach out to hotels directly for booking, as they will be not able to offer you the specialty UUA contracted rates. For more information on hotel parking and amenities, please refer to 2023 Pittsburgh Hotels (PDF).
Room Type Disclaimer
Room types listed are based on hotel block inventory and are available on a first come, first serve basis. Check the GA Housing Reservation System for a current listing of available rooms based on your reservation dates. Specific room types are requests only. Specific room types are requests only. We do our best to satisfy all guests and their requests, but ultimately room type requests will be honored based on hotel availability.
Reserving Accessible Housing
Those in need of accessible hotel accommodations can follow these steps to make reservations:
- Go to the GA Housing Reservation System. You will see a drop-down menu that says “Please select your guest type”
- Select “Attendee ADA Attendee” from the drop down menu and click “Make Reservation”. Fill out the rest of the information (check-in, check-out, etc.). Click on “Search” to continue.
- The online system will list the available hotels. Click “SELECT” to pick your hotel and appropriate room type, depending on whether you need a king, double/double, a tub or a roll-in shower, etc.
- Confirm your room type and date nights and then click on “NEXT”.
- Be sure to list any additional required assistive features such as grab bars or a raised toilet seat in the “Additional Requests” section after you enter your personal information. “Proceed to Payment details” by clicking on “NEXT”.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail from email@example.com with your acknowledgement number, which can be used to modify or cancel your reservation. If you did not receive a confirmation e-mail, it is likely your reservation is not confirmed. To check the status of a reservation, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Please request what you require. Keep in mind that there are limited resources so requesting at your level of need and not beyond will allow more people to participate in General Assembly.
Hotel Cancellation Policy
- Reservations canceled after 5/22/2023 are subject to a non-refundable $50 cancellation fee for each reservation. This is in addition to any hotel policies.
- The hotel reserves the right to charge one night's room plus tax prior to arrival. The remaining nights’ charges are collected at check-in.
- Cancellations must be received at least 72 hours prior to arrival to avoid a one night’s room and tax penalty per reservation.
- Credit cards will only be charged if canceled within the penalty period. A charge of one night's room and tax will be applied to non-used reservations that have not been canceled and do not arrive (no-show).
- If the credit card provided is not valid and chargeable in the amount of one night’s room and tax per room reserved, the hotel reserves the right to cancel your reservation(s).
- Early check-in is available based on availability and may incur an additional charge. The hotel reserves the right to charge an early departure fee if applicable.
The Pittsburgh Local Area Task Force is working on arrangements to offer Home Hospitality. This program will offer low-cost bed and breakfast style accommodations provided by local UUs as a fundraiser for their congregation. Available accommodations vary and transportation is typically not provided. Please check this page in March 2023 for more information on Home Hospitality options.
Health and Safety Notice
As of November 2022, the Pittsburgh Port Authority and UUA GA host hotels continue to encourage caution, although neither has COVID-related mandates in effect. In keeping with UU values, your decision to attend GA in person should include an assessment of the risk to your own safety, as well as compassion for the most vulnerable in our community who might also be present.
Learn more about GA Safety and Wellness
Questions and Reservation Modifications
To make updates or manage an existing housing reservation go to the GA Housing Reservation System and enter your reservation confirmation number.
For additional reservation support, you may e-mail Connections Housing (email@example.com) or give us a call 6AM-3PM (PST) Monday-Friday at 702-805-6026.
Connections Housing is the only approved, official housing vendor for UUA General Assembly. We understand that unauthorized housing companies may contact you and advertise cheaper rates or may imply or claim an affiliation with the event. Unfortunately, some past attendees have fallen prey to these companies and were unable to recuperate the money they spent on rooms that did not exist. If you are contacted by any company that is NOT Connections Housing, email us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Looking for a GA Roommate to Share Expenses?
Attending General Assembly in-person this year? Interested in finding a roommate to share the cost of housing? The GA Room Share Board is a resource for anyone. Simply fill out the form below and you’ll automatically be added to the Room Share Board. There, you can browse the list of others interested in room shares, and reach out directly to discuss options.