Unitarian Universalist Association Health Plan
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Due to the high volume of Open Enrollment changes, the January, 2020 invoices will not be mailed until the last week of December. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Our Living Tradition inspires and exhorts us to care for one another; we can maintain these tenets by ensuring that all employees have access to comprehensive health benefits. In this way, we ensure that everyone can take a "human-first" approach to their employment benefits. The heart of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which became law in March 2010, was implemented in January 2014. It is the responsibility of congregational leaders to learn about the ACA and to fully prepare themselves to make thoughtful decisions regarding employee benefits, including health insurance.
To help provide answers to many questions facing employers, including congregations, the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Health Plan/Office of Church Staff Finances provides Health Reform Alerts.
We urge you to review available information now and to remain engaged. Sign up to receive the latest information. You do not need to be a participating congregation in our health plan to receive updates.
At GA2017, the AUUA received an update on the status of the health insurance marketplace, with recommendations for questions congregations should be asking while Congress struggles with market reform options. Click here to see the PowerPoint presentation from Workshop #339.
Prospective UUA Health Plan Participants
- Are you eligible for the UUA Health Plan? Do you have a qualifying event?
- Check out your plan options.
- Are you eligible for Medicare this year?
- What will your monthly premium be?
- Compare the UUA Health Plan to your health plan.
- Are you a Self-Employed Minister? Complete your Individual Subscription Agreement (PDF) prior to enrolling.
- Enroll in the Plan.
- Did you miss your enrollment opportunity? Enroll during our next Open Enrollment.
- Read news and member stories about the Plan.
- Check out our FAQ and learn how our Self-Funded health plan works!
Open Enrollment for the UUA Health Plan
Open Enrollment for the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Heath Plan occurs each November for all eligible staff. Eligible staff may join the plan effective January 1 of the next year, even if they have not taken advantage of past enrollment opportunities.
Current UUA Health Plan Participants
- Review benefit details during Open Enrollment to feel confident you have the best plan option for your needs.
- Calculate your monthly premium for you and your dependents. (Your dependent rate is your total rate minus your rate as an individual.)
- Add a dependent by using the Dependent Enrollment form.
- Are you a Transitioning Minister?
- Want to know how healthcare reform interacts with the Plan?
- Access your Annual CHIP notice (pdf).
Use this Change Form or contact the Health Plan Coordinator (healthinsurance [at] uua [dot] org) to:
- Terminate your coverage.
- Change or update your name, address, or other personal information.
Create a personalized online account with Highmark and:
- Instantly access your claims information and Explanation of Benefits (EOB) documents and opt to stop receiving paper copies.
- View your benefit booklet.
- Manage your account information and order replacement cards in the event yours is lost or stolen.
- Get help making healthy choices or changes with free access to a number of programs and customized resources.
- Go to Highmark at any time to search for the most recent provider lists.
- COBRA FAQ: information about continuing coverage after loss due to termination of employment, divorce, death or other qualifying event.
- Are your employees eligible for the UUA Health Plan?
- Calculate your employee's and their dependent's monthly premium.
- Questions about your invoice? Call the toll-free number on the invoice to verify posting of your recent payments.
- Changes to employees' status? Contact healthinsurance [at] uua [dot] org.
- The Employer Subscription Agreement (PDF)—must be on file at UUA Health Plan Office and church/organization office.
- Submit a Contributions Report monthly as required by the Department of Labor and the UUA audit process.
- Review our Considerations for Congregational Leaders and the UUA Health Plan.
- Review our General Assembly 2010 presentation titled, Living Our Vision: Congregation as a Responsible Employer (PDF, 38 pages).
Employee Benefits Trust
The UUA Health Plan is operated by the Health Plan Trust, established by vote at the UUA Board of Trustees meeting on October 22, 2006.
- UUA Health Plan Declination Form (PDF)
- Health Plan Enrollment Application
- Health Plan Dependent Enrollment Application
- Health Plan Change Form
- Health Plan Rate Calculator
- Summary Plan Description (PDF, 35 pages)
- Health Plan Description with Amendments (PDF, 56 pages)
- Employees Benefit Trust (PDF, 33 pages)