Activity time: 10 minutes
Materials for Activity
- A copy of the story, “Luís and Mika”
Preparation for Activity
- Read and prepare to tell the story.
Description of Activity
Read the story aloud to the group, and allow a few moments of silence. Then choose one or more of the following questions to discuss:
- How does being a good steward of the earth relate to being a Unitarian Universalist?
- Why should we try to take care of the environment we live in?
- What are some ways to be kind to the environment?
- What do you think it means to be a friend of our planet?
- Can anyone stop global warming? Can we slow it down? How? Would this be a miracle? Why?
- What about we humans adapting to the changes in our climate? Do you think we can? Will it take a miracle? Explain what you mean.