Find Out More About Session 2
Thich Nhat Hanh and Walking Meditation
- Read about Thich Nhat Hanh on the Plum Village Practice Center website or Wikipedia.
- Walking Meditation (2006) is a mini-book and instructional DVD from Thich Nhat Hanh which features five walking exercises: Conscious Breathing Meditation, Slow Walking Meditation, Walking Meditation in Nature, Walking Meditation in Public Places and Walking Meditation to Embrace Your Emotions.
- The Long Road Turns to Joy: A Guide to Walking Meditation by Thich Nhat Hanh is a small, pocket-sized book with dozens of simple exercises to enhance your practice of walking mindfully.
More about Movement Meditation
- The 10-minute "Walking Meditation" on the CD Guided Mindfulness Meditation, Series 3 by Jon Kabat-Zinn guides you through a walking meditation that you can do anywhere.
- Meditation 24/7: Practices to Enlighten Every Moment of the Day (CD & book) by C. Maurine and L. Roche has a 7-minute track, "Move It," that helps you move physically with feelings flowing inside you and develop with your kinesthetic awareness. The book suggests ways to use this meditation in your life.