Reflect, Rejoice, Renew
Our PWR Regional Assembly is that inspirational, radically inclusive, beyond-the-congregation UU community we’ve missed. We can engage fully, wherever we are. Whether onsite at the hotel on the bay in San Diego, or online in the comfort of our own homes, the Pacific Western Regional Assembly content will be online only; we will have opportunities for connection in small groups, inspirational worship, transformative learning, and just plain community fun.
Our speakers aren’t fully worked out yet (because, well, you know, COVID) but here is what we know for sure:
- Our theme, Reflect, Rejoice, Renew, sums up the experience we’re creating with our speakers, workshops, small groups, and social time. We’ve been through so much upheaval, grief, and change in our lives and in our religious communities. Together we will be: rejoicing in one another’s company again, reflecting on what we’ve been through, and renewing ourselves, our commitments, and our UU faith.
- We conclude on Sunday, February 6th with a worship service, pre-recorded and broadcast to both an onsite and an online audience. And this service will be yours to use for your own congregation, too.
- We’re venturing into new territory together, with a fully-online program. This will be an experiment, and we’ll all be blessed with the joys, and challenges, of trying new things.
Where: Virtual and San Diego, California
Friday, February 4 through Sunday, February 6, 2022
Register Online today!
Important Deadlines: Registration for virtual attendance ends January 25th.
Thanks to the ever-growing list of contributors making this dream a reality. If you are willing to contribute photos, videos, time or word of mouth, visit our list of suggested ways to engage with the community and to contribute to the weekend.
What about COVID
A Late Pandemic Regional Assembly
The UUA and the Pacific Western Region are cautiously anticipating the resuming of in-person programming in 2022, with new COVID-prompted protocols. These protocols will continue to evolve and are subject to change as evidence-based guidelines and best practices are communicated. For the safety of all:
· We are offering multiple paths to equivalent weekends in a single community. Participate where you will, online or onsite
· All onsite attendees must be vaccinated against COVID if they are of an age able to be vaccinated and show proof of vaccination status.
· Onsite, we will observe the practice of social distancing and wearing masks indoors for all gatherings (we’ll let you take it off to eat!)
In consideration of the above, we will be primarily eating outdoors, gathering in smaller groups and limiting the number of onsite participants. We will have masks available. The Regional Assembly staff and volunteers are adjusting as we plan to meet the conditions of that early February weekend. Join us in re-creating RA late-pandemic style!
January 2022 Update: Onsite
These are challenging times for all of us, as the Covid-19 pandemic continues to be a reality we navigate every day. It is hard to plan for the future when things are constantly changing. After much consideration, the Pacific Western Regional Assembly content will be online only.
This does not mean you need to change your plans to be at the Hyatt in San Diego. We are streamlining what’s offered in San Diego that weekend. Specifically, we are no longer encouraging those registered for in-person participation to sit in a room for content that will be streamed. We know that some people have been looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones, in person, at our PWR event. This will still be possible on a smaller scale.
Should you choose to attend our virtual event from the Hyatt, a streamlined in-person RA means we are letting go of:
- Watching Zoom together on the big screen.
- Asking all 75 participants to be in one room for significant periods of time.
- Requiring staff to organize, convene or host in-person gatherings
- Seeing most of your Regional staff in person. All PWR staff will be at the virtual event, some may be at the Hyatt. They, like all of us, are making personal and family decisions about in-person participation.
You can still expect:
- the same great hotel rate.
- good wireless internet service both in your room and throughout the campus. You’ll need to bring your own device for virtual Regional Assembly participation.
- The same four tasty meals: Saturday breakfast through Sunday breakfast. Saturday’s “dinner church” event is still under re-design.
- Longer meal times and grab and go options so that you can eat wherever you are comfortable.
- The Whova app will allow you to initiate meet-ups so that you can get to know others who are also onsite.
- A chance to “Reflect, Rejoice and Renew” with a small group of other UUs in warm, coastal southern California.
We are waiving the in-person cancellation fees for this event, so finances do not impact your decision.