Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray On the Annual Program Fund
Message from UUA President Rev. Susan Frederick-Gray on the importance of the Annual Program Fund
Our congregational polity allows our congregations to govern themselves. However, we do not exist in isolation. Our principles and purposes state: “As free congregations we enter into covenant, promising to one another our mutual trust and support.” The Annual Program Fund (APF) makes that covenantal promise real. When your congregation fully funds the APF, our spirits are enriched by the practice of generosity in community and our movement can flourish. We give to benefit congregations other than our own, investing in and strengthening the presence of Unitarian Universalism. We give to fulfill our covenant as member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Through your support for the Annual Program Fund, YOU:
- Create the energy that fuels our entire UUA! See our Annual Report
- Help all of our congregations transform their communities
- Help our religious leaders innovate and inspire
- Strengthen our collective voices, bringing more justice and love into the world
- Allow us to speak out and act on national moral issues through Standing on the Side of Love
- Bring the Our Whole Lives sexuality curriculum to tens of thousands of people ranging from kindergartners to elders
- Give financial aid to seminarians and religious educators, as well as financial assistance to retired ministers.
- Provide scholarships for service-learning trips
- Help put music in sanctuaries and ministers in pulpits
- Make Summer Seminary possible
- Allow Unitarian Universalism to have a voice at the United Nations
- Help credential our religious professionals
- Support the planning and facilitating of the annual General Assembly
- Provide worship materials for congregations and individuals
- Allow Beacon Press, Skinner House, and UU World to reach hundreds of thousands.
Through your congregational support of the APF, we get a stronger Unitarian Universalism, within our congregations and beyond. The APF is the primary source of income for the Unitarian Universalist Association’s larger ministry in the world. Your contributions to APF make possible the things that we could never do as individual congregations.
Together, we amplify the best of Unitarian Universalism.
Thank you for your generous support.