Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Honor Congregation?
Honor Congregations, formerly known as Fair Share Congregations, are congregations who have contributed the full requested amount to the Annual Program Fund in a given year. Review of a list of the most recent year's Honor Congregations, as well as more information about this distinction.
How do we calculate our congregation's Total Operating Expenses?
All Member Congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) are required to report their Operating Expenses during the annual Membership Certification. It is also the starting figure we use to calculate the New APF formula. To determine your Total Operating Expenses, please use our handy calculator.
How can I request a Congregational History Report?
Where do I send my APF payment?
All APF payments now combine
Resources for Common Questions
Resources on Congregational Financial Management
- Financial Management for Congregations (From the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Finance Office)'
- Fair Share Contribution Guide: provides a range of practical gift levels for the individual or household making a new pledge to consider. Also serves as a social justice tool recognizing people have varying capacities to give, based on their resources and other financial responsibilities, while providing recognition for giving at various levels.
- Church Financial Management Resources (As recommended by UUA Financial Advisor Larry Ladd)
- UUA Money List : Join other Congregational Money Leaders, ask questions and share best pratices!
- Planned Giving Resources for Congregations