Once you have WordPress, the UUA Theme, and the necessary plugins installed, you need to configure settings that affect the website as a whole. After that, you can set up individual pages.
To configure your site, log in as an administrator (at http://<your-domain-name>/wp-admin). You see the Dashboard down the left side of the page and an admin menu across the top, both with black backgrounds. The Dashboard is where you’ll find the configuration commands you’ll need. The admin menu has a small subset of the commands you’ll use once the site is configured.
Here’s a list of site-wide configuration settings and how to set them.
- Congregation information, logo, and colors
- Date and time settings
- Configuring the map
- Configuration your menus, including the header and footer content
- The main menu (primary navigation menu) and the lefthand menu
- Configuring the UUA’s inSpirit Book & Gift Shop widget
- Customizing the Theme
- Adding Google Analytics Tracking
First, read about website accessibility for all congregational websites. The UUA Theme for Congregations includes a page about your site’s accessibility. Our instructions explain how to run tests on your site and communicate the results of your testing.