The vision of the Religious Education Credentialing Committee (RECC) is a strong and healthy educational ministry through faith development in our Unitarian Universalist congregations.
The mission of the RECC is to develop professional standards and credential religious educators to serve the Unitarian Universalist movement.
We will do this by:
- Identifying an accepted core of competencies and skills.
- Evaluating candidates and granting credentials.
- Affirming an anti-racist, anti-oppressive, multicultural perspective in all of our processes and practices.
- Educating congregations about the need for and advantages of supporting professional growth and development of religious educators.
- Encouraging the building of accountability and right relationships among religious educators, professional colleagues, and lay leaders.
- Preparing professional religious educators to provide programmatic resources that strengthen and challenge their congregations in order to transform lives and make the world a better place.
- RECC Rules (PDF)
- RECC Policies (PDF)
- Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Bylaws and Religious Education Credentialing