Workshop: Introduction to Ethnic Identity Formation for Youth of Color
This one-hour workshop provides an animated video and guidance for follow-up discussion. The "How to Use This Workshop" section of the Discussion Guide describes settings, participants, and facilitators suitable for this workshop. Rev. Dr. Monica L. Cummings, former Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) program associate for Ministry to Youth and Young Adults of Color, created the animated video and discussion guide. Contact Rev. Elizabeth Nguyen, leadership development associate for Youth and Young Adults of Color, at yayaofcolor [at] uua [dot] org to connect with UUA staff who may be able to participate in a workshop via Skype or in person.
Preview and download the workshop materials:
- Download "Introduction to Ethnic Identity Formation for Youth of Color" (MP4) (right-click to save the file).
- Discussion Guide (PDF)
- Handout 1: Definitions (PDF)
- Handout 2: Four Stages of Identity Formation (PDF)
- Handout 3: Cummings Identity Map and Worksheet (PDF)
- Handout 4: Responsive Reading (PDF)