Here is how to do your Turtle Shell Art project:
1. Get two paper plates and drawing supplies like markers.
2. Think ahead to what your completed turtle shell will look like: As you finish, you will put the hollow sides of your two plates together and staple or tape the rims together in one spot so people can open them up and look at the insides. But before you do that, you need to draw and write on the plates.
3. On the inside of one plate, draw pictures of "must-have" items you could not do without and would have to have in your house if you carried it with you wherever you went, the way a turtle does. You might draw a computer, for example, or a pet dog—if you think these are really "must-haves."
4. On the inside of the other plate, write three or four big questions that you think a turtle might ask about life.
5. Now decorate the other sides of the two plates (the sides that will show when you put the plates together) to look like a turtle shell. One plate will be the top, and the other the bottom. Feel free to create a unique turtle.
6. Do anything else you like to the plates.
7. Now, fasten them together. Use tape or staples to hold the plates together in only one spot so you can open them and show other people.
8. You are done.