Audio Recordings of Selected Essays
Three Ways to Listen
- Listen to each article below by simply selecting the link to the MP3 file.
- Right-click, control-click, or use the applications key to download any MP3 article.
- Download all articles in a ZIP file.
From the President:
- The touchstone of community
It’s going to take all of us to move our world, and our faith, forward in the ways of truth, compassion, and justice.
by Susan Frederick-Gray
- Assumed identities: A personal history of passing part 1, part 2
I didn’t want to lie about who I was anymore, but I would learn people wouldn’t accept a simple one- or two-word answer about who I was, either. Not talking about race isn’t an option any person of color in this country has ever had, in particular if it’s not clear what race you are.
by Brando Skyhorse
- ‘You cannot go out’
Sujitno Sajuti has lived in a Unitarian Universalist church since October, pleading to stay in the country he has called home for thirty years.
by Patrick Sullivan
- The #MeToo moment
We can decide not to let our culture be defined by toxic masculinity.
by Emily Wright-Magoon
- Diverse baptisms
The first time, I emerged merely breathless, wet, and cold.
by Jim Sherblom
- Schrödinger’s father
The impending death of a loved one often leaves us sitting in a between-state.
by Kenneth Sutton
- Sin is personal, not just systemic
Does the sin of white supremacy live in us or in the systems beyond us?
by Molly Housh Gordon
- Genre makeover
In conventional women’s fiction, Olive Higgins Prouty created a bold new type of heroine.
by Kris Willcox
- Former UUA Moderator Denny Davidoff dies
Denise T. Davidoff among Unitarian Universalist Association’s most active volunteer leaders, chairing board from 1993 to 2001 and serving in many roles over 50 years.
by Tom Stites
- Former UUA President Bob West dies at 88
The Rev. Robert Nelson West led the Unitarian Universalist Association through its most tumultuous period, 1969–1977.
by Tom Stites