There is no waiting period before an eligible employee may apply to enroll. Newly hired/newly eligible employees must enroll within 60 calendar days of their date of hire/eligibility. See information below if an employee has a Qualifying Event.
You may also enroll during Open Enrollment, held each November, with coverage effective on January 1 of the following year.
- Please complete the PDF enrollment form:
- Dental Enrollment Form (PDF)
- Texas Dental Enrollment Form for Texas Residents(PDF)
- Submit this form via our Benefit Enrollment Form.
If you have missed an enrollment opportunity or would like to add dependents without a qualifying event, Open Enrollment for Guardian Dental coverage is held each November. Coverage is effective on January 1 of the following year.
In most cases, the effective date of coverage is the date of hire. In the case of a qualifying event, enrollment must be completed within 30 days via the Benefit Enrollment Form.
The following is a sample list of qualifying events:
- Birth, adoption or placement of a dependent child
- Termination or change of spouse’s employment
- Divorce, legal separation or annulment
- Death of a spouse