Benefit Details for Dental Insurance
Guardian Dental PPO (Effective 1/1/17)
The UUA has access to the DentalGuard Preferred Network. You can see any dentist, but will pay less if you choose a PPO network dentist.
Calendar Year Deductible: Individual - $50, family limit- $150 (3 per family), Deductible is waived for Preventive Care.
Covered Charges: See Guardian Dental PPO Benefit Summary (PDF) for details for residents of all states except Texas
Texas Residents: See Guardian NAP Dental Plan Summary (PDF) for covered charges
Preventive Care: 100% In or out of Network
Basic Care: 90% In Network and in Texas, 80% Out of Network
Major Care: 60% In Network and in Texas, 50% Out of Network
Orthodontia: Not covered
Annual Maximum Benefit: $1750
Maximum Rollover allowed, Rollover Threshold: $700, Rollover Amount: $350
Find an in-network dentist, print an ID card, learn how to use your plan, get the mobile app and find other useful tools at Guardian Anytime
Metlife is the dental provider for the remainder of 2016.
MetLife Dental Benefits Highlights:
- Preventive services every six months at no charge and no deductible when you choose an in-network dental provider.
- Maximum benefit $1,750 per person per year.
- No I.D. card required; simply notify your dentist that you participate in MetLife's plan via our group.
- Plan pays pays 80 percent of Basic Restorative Services and 50 percent of Major Restorative Services after deductible, up to the maximum per person per year benefit of $1,750.
- You and your dependents are free to use any dentist with this program; be aware that using out-of-network dental providers typically increases your out of pocket costs because benefits paid in that case are based on the usual, customary, and reasonable rates for that area, rather than the fees that MetLife PDPs have agreed to accept.
- You minimize your out of pocket costs by choosing an in-network dentist for your dental care. See benefit highlights to understand the potential savings when you select an in-network provider.
- Savings can range from 15 to 45% of the fees charged to those without coverage.
- Implants are a covered Type C service.
- Newly retiring employees can retain their enrollment with this plan when they act promptly. Contact Insurance Plans Coordinator, insurance_plans [at] uua [dot] org, for details.
To locate a participating in-network dentist in your area, please visit Metlife's website. Click on "Find a Dentist" and choose the PDP Plus network option.
Your spouse/domestic partner or unmarried child except:
- A person in the military or armed forces
- A person covered under this plan as an employee
- A person who lives outside the United States or Canada
- A dependent child age 26 years old or older