The Music Leadership Certification Committee* (MLCC) is a committee appointed by and accountable to the President of the UUA and has jurisdiction over the Music Leadership Certification Program. The mission of the UU Music Leadership Certification Committee is to serve our larger faith by promoting excellence in music ministry, providing music leaders with professional development resources and certification. The committee is comprised of seven members: one parish minister who is an advocate for musicians, one religious educator with a background in music, one lay leader who is involved with music in their local congregation, one representative of the Association of Unitarian Universalist Music Ministries (AUUMM), and three Unitarian Universalist music leaders. One of the members serves as the chair of the committee. Members serve 2-year terms with no more than a total of four terms served.
UUA staff (the Professional Development Programs Manager and the Professional Development Assistant) support the MLCC in its work and are accountable to the UUA Co-Directors of Ministries and Faith Development.
*NOTE: Previously known as the Music Leadership Credentialing Committee
- Mr. Vincent Craig, Representing the Association of Unitarian Universalist Music Ministries (AUUMM)
- Ms. Natalie Jensen, Representing a Lay Music Leader perspective
- Mr. Markus Grae-Hauck, Committee Chair and representing a Professional Music Leader perspective
- Ms. Alison Nixon, Representing a Professional Music Leader perspective
- The Rev. Kayla Parker, Representing a Parish Minister perspective
- Ms. Kathy Smith, Representing a Professional Religious Educator perspective
- Ms. Alison Vernon, Representing a Professional Music Leader perspective
The following Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Staff members serve as non-voting ex-officio members of the committee:
- The Rev. Sarah Gettie McNeill, Professional Development Programs Manager
- Ms. Aastha Poudel, Professional Development Assistant