Activity time: 5 minutes
Materials for Activity
- World of Wonder Mural from Session 1
- Leader Resource 1, Mural Image - Wind Turbine, and tape
- Closing song lyrics from Session 1
- Taking It Home
Preparation for Activity
- Print Leader Resource 1, Mural Image - Wind Turbine, preferably in color.
- Download and adapt the Taking It Home section and copy for all participants (you may wish to email to parents as well).
- Post the World of Wonder mural.
- Display the newsprint with lyrics to the Closing song, "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands."
Description of Activity
Gather in a circle by the World of Wonder mural. Say in these words or your own:
Today we learned about green energy-energy which comes from sources that are cleaner and less-polluting and will last forever, such as the sun, the wind, and water. Unitarian Universalists believe that that all people and animals and plants are part of an invisible web of life, like the web on our mural. Each time we meet we add something new to our World of Wonder mural. Today we add a picture of wind turbines, to remind us of working together for more green energy sources.
Attach the picture to the mural.
Indicate the lyrics to the closing song "We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands." Invite the Song Leader to start the song with accompanying hand motions. Participants can help each other remember hand motions or can create new ones.
Distribute Taking It Home. Thank the children for participating and invite them to return next time.