Lo, the Eastertide is here, Alleluia! — from "Lo, the Day of Days Is Here," Hymn 269 in Singing the Living Tradition
Celebrate Easter and spring with eggs and baskets! The significance of Easter for our young children is its joy and hope, the returning of new life in the springtime. They will hear a story about Jesus as a beloved teacher. While the Christian theme of the resurrection of Jesus is problematic for young children, Easter can be introduced with the theme of hope and the renewal of spring.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Learn that Easter is a holiday related to the story of Jesus, as well as spring
- Grow in their sense of belonging to the Chalice Children group
- Feel a sense of identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- Connect the holiday of Easter with the renewal of spring
- Understand Easter's connection to Jesus through a simplified story of Jesus as a beloved teacher.