Oh, you can be anybody you want to be, you can love whomever you will. — "Everything Possible," Hymn 1019 in Singing the Journey
The children learn that weddings and services of union happen in your congregation between two people who love each other. They spend time playing with the wedding-related items you brought and then hold a wedding for two stuffed animals.
This session will help preschoolers:
- Understand that Unitarian Universalists support marriage between two people who love each other
- Experience the Chalice Children group as safe and caring
- Feel a growing sense of belonging to and identity with a Unitarian Universalist congregation.
- See that the congregation is an important place for celebrations of many kinds, both happy and sad
- Learn that weddings and services of union happen between two people who love each other
- Understand that Unitarian Universalists accept all loving relationships between two adults who want to marry one another.