Activity time: 15 minutes
Description of Activity
Explore the purposes and functions of celebration and ritual. Use these questions:
- How is ritual connected with today's Source, "Direct experience of transcending mystery and wonder?"
- Can rituals change God? Can they change reality?
- Can rituals change us?
- Why do you think that ritual and celebration are so important to human beings? Are they important to you? If so, why?
Note participants' responses, and listen for the reasons listed below; if you do not hear these, you may wish to contribute them.
Rituals and ceremonies:
- Add meaning and purpose to major life events
- Help us embrace change
- Help us express important emotions, including love and grief
- Help build community
- Enhance personal connections with the sacred, with the Spirit of Life.