- Handout 2, Leadership Lessons for the Real World
- Newsprint, markers, and wall-safe tape
- Copy Handout 2 for all participants.
- Arrange for a participant to read the handout aloud. You might provide them with a copy of it ahead of time.
- Title a sheet of newsprint “Key Learnings from Margaret Wheatley summarized by adrienne maree brown.” Write the following points and post where all participants can see:
- Everything is about relationships—critical connections
- Chaos is an essential process that we need to engage
- Sharing information is fundamental for organizational success
- Vision is an invisible field that binds us together, emerging from relationships, chaos, and information
Say, “Margaret Wheatley is an author, speaker, teacher, community worker, and leadership consultant.”
Distribute Handout 1 and ask the participant you chose to read it aloud. Call attention to the summary of learnings from Wheatley that you posted. Invite participants to reflect on the reading and to share any insights and questions that arose for them.
Conclude the discussion by inviting participants to apply what they are learning to congregational dilemmas, conflicts, and challenges. This will provide a seamless transition to the next activity.