I'm Rob Molla, the Director of Human Resources for the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA). It's my good fortune to work with the UUA's extraordinary and dedicated staff as we try to model the best in progressive employment practices.
The Office of Human Resources is responsible for benefits administration, compensation, employee relations, employment and equal employment opportunity, performance management, policies and procedures, and training and professional development for the UUA's national staff.
Below you'll find a number of my favorite resources that answer many of the questions I'm asked frequently. If you can't find what you're looking for on UUA.org, don't hesitate to reach out to our info [at] uua [dot] org (Information and Public Witness Office), which will direct you to the right place.
- How do I find a job at the UUA or at a related organization?
- How can I find an internship with the UUA?
- Can I volunteer to work at the UUA?
- What benefits am I eligible for if I work as a member of the UUA's national staff?
- How can I post a job advertisement on UUA.org?
- How do I become a Unitarian Universalist minister?
Compensation and Benefits
In general, questions regarding compensation and benefits for ministers and other religious professionals should be directed to our Office of Church Staff Finances.
- How much should my congregation pay our staff?
- How does my congregation develop a fair compensation and benefits package for our staff?
- Where can I find sample job descriptions?
- How do we enroll our congregation's employees in the UUA Health Plan?
- How do we enroll our congregation's employees in the UU Organizations Retirement Plan?
Questions regarding staffing, performance or other personnel issues at your congregation should be directed to your regional or district staff contact. Our Office of Ethics in Congregational Life can provide Safe Congregations resources.
- What kind of resources are available on congregational staffing?
- Where can I find information on responsible staffing (PDF) practices, including interviewing, background checks, and reference checking?
- Who can help resolve performance or other issues at my congregation?
- How do I file a complaint of professional misconduct?