Also known as Dynamic Governance, this model offers a flattened, responsive, and more inclusive structure. Congregations that wish to dismantle White Supremacy in their institutions are looking into this model.
We recommend that congregations start small by developing the practice of using discernment circles (see the resources under "Contents" below) for important discussions for boards, teams, and committees before thinking about implementation of Sociocracy as an overall governance structure.
We the People: Consenting to a Deeper Democracy by John Buck, Sharon Villines
- Many Voices One Song: Shared Power with Sociocracy by Ted J. Rau, Jerry Koch-Gonzalez
- Reinventing Organizations by Frederick Laloux
- Facilitator's Guide to Participatory Decision-Making by Sam Kaner
Organizations Offering Training
- Sociocracy for All
- The Sociocracy Consulting Group
- The Sociocracy Group
- Governance Alive
- Sociocracy 3.0 (offers free tools for self-directed learning)