Main Content
Insurance and Employee Changes
Insurance and Employee Changes
Benefits & Compensation for Congregations

Reporting Changes

Report Employee changes affecting insurance. Changes including terminations, income, addresses and other life events effective insurance coverage must be reported directly to the Insurance Plans staff in the Office of Church Staff Finances.

Never send changes with payments.Our bank lock box staff is not able to report your changes to us.

To submit changes email insurance_plans [at] uua [dot] org and include:

  • The name and title of the person submitting the change
  • Congregational I.D. (customer or group number)
  • The type of change that needs to be made (see below)
  • The employee’s full name as listed on their enrollment form
  • The effective date of the change
  • Details of change (new income figure, new address, other details)
  • The employee’s best phone, email, and mailing address

Relevant Changes

  • Employee termination/retirement
  • Employee income updates (affects Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurances (AD&D) and Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTD) coverage)
  • Employee address changes (Can affect Health premiums. We will also update the dental system)
  • Employee Transitions (from one congregation to another)
  • Employee Elective Drop of coverage
  • Employee illness/injury which may result in an LTD claim
  • Employee death
  • Employee Life Events that may precipitate changes (Qualifying Events such as adding or dropping a dependent, loss of other coverage, divorce, death of a dependent)

Like, Share, Print, or Explore

For more information contact