Youth and Young Adults of Color Resources
See Event Highlights For The Upcoming General Assembly 2015
- Whether you are a youth or young adult of color, a religious professional who serves Unitarian Universalist (UU) youth and young adults of color, or a fellow seeker, Leadership Development Associate for Youth and Young Adults of Color, Rev. Elizabeth Nguyen can be a resource to support you! Reach her at yayaofcolor [at] uua [dot] org.
- Thrive Youth, a leadership program for UU high school aged youth of color.
- Thrive Young Adult, a program for young adults of color age 18-35, being held as part of the UU College of Social Justice's Grow Racial Justice training
- Mosaic Project, report on UU ministry to youth and young adults of color.
- Webinar on Ministry with UU Youth and Young Adults of Color: Faith Formation and Spiritual Development hosted by the UU Ministers Assocation and Rev. Elizabeth Nguyen.
- Webinar on Ministry with Transracially Adopted Youth facilitated by Rev. Dr. Monica L. Cummings, former Program Associate for Ministry to Youth and Young Adults of Color and Carey McDonald, former Youth and Young Adult Ministries Director. PowerPoint Presentation of Webinar also available (PDF, 17 pages)!
- Introduction to Youth Identity Workshops
These one-hour workshops for youth, produced by Rev. Dr. Monica L. Cummings, former Program Associate for Ministry to Youth and Young Adults of Color, provide an introduction to identity formation for both youth of color and white youth. Each workshop includes an internet-accessible animated video and guide with handouts for follow-up discussion.
- Diverse & Revolutionary UU Multicultural Ministries (DRUUMM), a welcoming spiritual and cultural home for Unitarian Universalist People of Color.
- Resources for Queer Youth of Color.
- Resources and Information on Multiculturalism from the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) Multicultural Growth & Witness staff group.
- Living Mosaic, archived blog by Rev. Dr. Monica Cummings.