Activity time: 25 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Driver's license photo
- Portrait photograph
- An assortment of photographs
- UUA Photography Supplements to Families; Balance, Framing, Light, Point of View (optional)
- Computer (optional)
Preparation for Activity
- Gather an assortment of photographs of people. Be sure to include photographs of groups and people who reflect a diversity of ethnicity, ability, and other characteristics.
- Review the UUA Photography Supplement to Families. If you have access to a computer with which to show the CD in class, test your equipment beforehand. If not, print out the photographs you need to illustrate your talk beforehand.
- List the following photography terms on newsprint: Framing, Balance, Point of View, Light.