Activity time: 15 minutes
Materials for Activity
- Newsprint, markers, and tape
- Clock, watch, or timer that shows seconds
- Writing paper and pens or pencils
Preparation for Activity
- Write these three questions on newsprint:
- What transitions are you or your loved ones facing that could be marked with ritual?
- What spiritual or personal longings of yours could be addressed with ritual?
- What is a celebration or ritual you hold, or would like to hold, with your family, friends, community, or congregation? Imagine what you could do to change or add to it to better nourish your spirit and the spirits of others.
Description of Activity
Invite participants into a time for individual, silent reflection and writing on the three questions. Distribute writing paper and pens or pencils. Pose the questions aloud that you have posted on newsprint.
Ring a bell to open the time for silent reflection and writing. After ten minutes, ring the bell again.