Part of Hindsight, Humor, and Hope
- Arrange for coffee, tea, and water at the workshop.
- Arrange for furniture setup:
- For large group: Place tables in a horseshoe arrangement (leaders at the head table, chairs around outside of tables).
- For smaller group: Place one or two table tables in a rectangle (leaders sit at a middle side and chairs are positioned around the outside).
- Set a hymnbook on the table in front of each chair.
- Place a chalice or candle on a chalice cloth at the leader's place and arrange decorations.
- Customize and make copies of Handout 1, Looking Ahead to Workshop 6.
- Write workshop agenda on a newsprint sheet, using Workshop-at-a-Glance table, and post.
- Post Group Rules of Respect from Workshop 1.
- Draw a circle for each participant on cover stock by tracing a lid or salad plate, two circles per piece. Cut the pages in half, with one circle per half.
- Order Five Wishes booklets online well in advance. Review Five Wishes materials and complete your own copy.
- Write on a newsprint sheet, and set aside:
We close our time by extinguishing the chalice and carry its light and our blessings with us into the world.
- Shuffle the Blessing Cards.
- Make plans for a celebration during Workshop 6.
- Optional: For preparing tactile collage mandalas (an adaptation for visually impaired persons), see the Materials section of the program Introduction.